How to get this file to load in vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 29th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #1
Major Player

How to get this file to load in vegas?

Hey, I've tried several different routes on this file format, but can't get it to work in Vegas. Here is the info from Mediainfo. can anyone help? I've installed the codec on my computer, but Vegas still won't load it. VLC plays the file just fine. Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks!

ideo
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID : MP42
Codec ID/Info : Microsoft MPEG-4 v2 (pre-standard)
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Duration : 1mn 9s
Bit rate : 50.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.805
Stream size : 417 MiB (100%)
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: How to get this file to load in vegas?

Why don't you upload the clip somewhere so someone can download and check it out - and if they're really nice they could transcode it for you so that it runs in Vegas.
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Since it is a Microsoft codec, are you up to date on your installation of Windows Media Player? Vegas gets some of its codecs from WMP.

Also, make sure "automatic codec download" is selected in WMP prefs, and open the clip in WMP. If it plays there, it *should* play in Vegas.

There is also an expansion codec pack for WMP, but I can't find the current version at the moment. DO NOT download any codec pack other than one that's on microsoft's website. Third-party distributed codec packs are a notorious source of spyware and bad codecs.
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Jafri View Post
Why don't you upload the clip somewhere so someone can download and check it out - and if they're really nice they could transcode it for you so that it runs in Vegas.
I have ways of transcoding it if I need to, but I'd rather not have to take that step. The files will work, for example, in Premiere CS3.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...