DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   burning iso (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/506451-burning-iso.html)

Roy Alexander March 28th, 2012 09:41 AM

burning iso

I am using win.7 and VMS 10 platinum HD with Architect 5 build 157 and burner LG BH10LS38. everything works well but I have a slight problem and don't know how to rectify it but I'm sure one of the contributors to this forum will know what to do. I have found that by using nero I can burn blu-ray definition video onto a standard DVD, but whilst the image is great the sound is distorted, it repeatedly plays okay for 2 or three secs, and then distorts then repeats ok and then distortion all the way through the video.. If anybody can tell me what to do in PLAIN ENGLISH I would be most grateful. Thanks. PS the same results also occures when burning with IMGBURN and Windows Image recorder. I have just realised the sound distortion only applies to sound added whilst editing the video, sound recorded by the camcorder at time of shooting is okay. Blu-rays burnt direct to disc via DVDA 5 has all sound perfect.

Gene Gajewski March 28th, 2012 11:13 AM

Re: burning iso

In Plain English, you should *not* be burning bluray material onto DVD, period.

Some drives allow it, and some drives do not, but either way it is not in any way officially supported. If you want to continue - forum places like AfterDawn which specialize in CD/DVD burners, software and such may have more specific information on which burners can be made to work. Essentially, the data rate for bluray compressed media is above the maximum of 10MBs of DVD. You'd have to have a drive that will allow a data rate above 10MBs when reading a DVD.

Most folks here are not going to bother burning bluray content to DVD media - it's not portable, standard, and isn't really worth the trouble.

Roy Alexander March 29th, 2012 01:44 AM

Gene. Thank you for your input but at this point in time I regret I have to disagree with you. I have in the past burnt successfully about 100 SHORT 10 min HD videos onto standard DVD discs. This was before I upgraded. IF you lived in the United Kingdom on a fixed pension income you may well think it is worthwhile to put HD onto DVD as the cost of a blu-ray disc here can be approx 14 US dollars wheras a DVD blank can be as little as 17 cents. A big saving when you are making videos as a hobby only and need to send many copies to friends allover the world.

Gene Gajewski March 29th, 2012 09:27 AM

I understand - some people have an outstanding situation.

You should be able to do better than $14 for blank 25GB disks though - you can find them on eBay for as little as 50 cents.

Roy Alexander April 13th, 2012 09:49 AM

I have solved my problem by not using DVD architect to make iso files. I have a trial of Adobe CS5 and Encore
and the combination seems to do everything I want. It burns a disc from ISO without any sound Distortion, it burns short Blu-ray HD to a standard DVD and it will stop a Scrolled Text exactly where I want it to stop. Also it will do nesting. These are the things I want to do. I dare say Vegas pro will do these things but at a price I don't want to pay for an extra few operations. I am lucky that a friend has offered me the CS5 production suite for a price about on par with Vegas movie studio. I am not knocking VMS 10 platinum because for the price I think it's great but as I am getting more adventurous in my editing it just doesn't go that extra mile. I don't loke architect any more, Sony themselves have ruined it for me, by deliberately stopping the operation of burning Blu-ray HD to DVD.

Gene Gajewski April 13th, 2012 02:20 PM

I would think that Sony would rather forgo a sale rather than deal with myriad problems introduced by blu-ray on DVD. There's no economic benefit to it.