DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   I made the biggest mess of my career. Saved the wrong project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/506745-i-made-biggest-mess-my-career-saved-wrong-project.html)

Marcus Martell April 7th, 2012 10:16 AM

I made the biggest mess of my career. Saved the wrong project

Hola guys,
as i say on the title i made the biggestmess i could make with vegas. I was saving this project since 2 months then yesterday i was trying Plural eyes to synch a little piece ov video with my 16 tracks and it turned and by mistake i saved the project with all the wrong references with the audio splitted with my first experiment in plural eyes! How could i go back to the previous saved project? It's really driving me crazy this thing

Hope that i have explained well this thing!

Please help your friend

Dave Blackhurst April 7th, 2012 12:00 PM

Re: I made the biggest mess of my career. Saved the wrong project

Vegas saves a backup file IIRC, not sure offhand what the file name is (in the process of a machine rebuild... but you should be fine - I'm sure someone else will chime in with exact instructions.

I always save "progress files" along the way myself just in case, using variations of the project name and the stage it's at, that way i can always "fall back" if something terrible happens by intent or accident!

Marcus Martell April 7th, 2012 12:43 PM

"I always save "progress files" along the way myself just in case, using variations of the project name and the stage it's at, that way i can always "fall back" if something terrible happens by intent or accident!"

It's alway what i do, but not this time :(

Dennis Vogel April 7th, 2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst (Post 1725671)
Vegas saves a backup file IIRC, not sure offhand what the file name is (in the process of a machine rebuild... but you should be fine - I'm sure someone else will chime in with exact instructions.

The backup file is <project>.veg.bak.

D

Jerry Amende April 7th, 2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1725676)
"I always save "progress files" along the way myself just in case, using variations of the project name and the stage it's at, that way i can always "fall back" if something terrible happens by intent or accident!"

It's alway what i do, but not this time :(

Here's something that might help in the future. I wrote a little script that does a double save - first with the original project name & second with the project name plus a timestamp. http://www.jazzythedog.com/sharing/BkupSave.zip

...Jerry

Mike Calla April 8th, 2012 05:17 AM

For future reference, you can download a trial copy of Edward Troxel's "Excalibur" tool for Vegas from JetDV.

It comes with a free (and stays free) powerful save utility.

Ray Turcotte April 8th, 2012 07:23 PM

Vegas stores temporary veg files in the temporary files folder., which is set under the Options > preferences > general> temporary files folder entry.

These temp vegs are used when Vegas recovers from a crash, and are created automatically, and have a sequential 000000#.veg file name. Look for one that is earlier than the botched save.

Phil Lee April 9th, 2012 04:09 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1725648)
Hola guys,
as i say on the title i made the biggestmess i could make with vegas. I was saving this project since 2 months then yesterday i was trying Plural eyes to synch a little piece ov video with my 16 tracks and it turned and by mistake i saved the project with all the wrong references with the audio splitted with my first experiment in plural eyes! How could i go back to the previous saved project? It's really driving me crazy this thing

Hope that i have explained well this thing!

Please help your friend

Another option, If you are using Windows 7/Vista try right clicking on the same project file and see if you have a previous versions tab, if yes see if you have a version you can retrieve from there just before you overwrote the file.

Regards

Phil