Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Settings

I am trying to burn an AVCHD file (1080/60i) to my hard drive. I am using Sony Vegas 11. Can someone tell me what the best rendering settings to use? Vegas gives me a long list of options and I have tried some, but I am just not getting good results.

Thanks
Gary
Gary Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Settings

There is no overall "best" setting. It entirely depends on what you want to do with the resulting file.

How do you want to use this render?
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I want to burn it to a Blu-ray disc. My DVD Architect does not work. I am using Roxio
Gary Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Everything as described depends on how Roxio burns Blu-ray disks. I am assuming here that you want to burn a disk that will play in a Blu-ray player, not a video file on a Blu-ray data formatted disk.

A good guess for an output video format would be to use one of the the rendering templates within Vegas for DVDA Blu-ray output. These are designed to match the various formats that the Blu-ray standard addresses. Then, if you are fortunate, Roxio will not re encode the video when making a Blu-ray disk and use the video file as-is.
Gene Gajewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...