Vegas 11 visual/audio synch slipping on render at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 11 visual/audio synch slipping on render

Hi All,

New to Vegas and have been having some problems. When I render out files the audio and visuals sometimes slip out of synch in the finished video. This is sometimes for just a few frames or seconds before slipping back in again, and sometimes on and off throughout the video. It seems to happen regardless of whether effects are applied to parts of the sequence or not.

I have a Sandy Bridge i5 2500k, 8 gigs of ddr3 ram, windows 7 64-bit, Nvidia Gforce GTX 570

I am working with 28mbps AVCHD 1920x1080 50i footage and 48/24 wav audio files and grading with Magic Bullet.

I have tried rendering to .wmw, mp4 and AVCHD files but always come up against the same problem.

I have tried disabling GPU acceleration when rendering.

I have tried lowering the res. of the preview window.

I have tried shutting down every background task I can think of.

I'm sure I've just missed something obvious but any help would be incredibly gratefully received. I'm somewhat at my wits end.

Thank you very much,
Henry

UPDATE: disabling GPU acceleration removed most but not all of the issues. Having rechecked the source files I'm afraid that the remainder look to have been down to human error on my part.

Last edited by Henry Williams; May 28th, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: problem solved
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vegas 11 visual/audio synch slipping on render

***Deleted
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Tourist

Re: Vegas 11 visual/audio synch slipping on render

What happens when you select "Disable resampling"?
Tom Brady is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...