background gradient at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 16th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Trustee

background gradient

What I'm wanting to do:

I have a 10 min project...with four camera angles - green sceened - with varying levels of zoom.

For my background I intend to use a photoshop 'cloud' shot I have made. Three of the angles can use the same backgound with various crops done to make the background appropriate. The fourth will be different but matching...

To create a bit of a subtile variety in the background I want to have one colour on the 'clouds' at the start transitioning to a different colour at the end...and perhaps through a third colour in the middle.

So...the backgound will need to be cut into separate events to accomodate the various cropping that needs to be done, yet the transition will need to be smooth over all the events over whole the 10mins.

I had thought I would fade from one to the other, but have found that fades do not cross cuts.

Any suggestions on how this can be done? I thought of varying opacity in the events but can't see how to do that...

I'm using Vegas Pro 11
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: background gradient

Found a way...'Track composite level' envelope and track 'automation'...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...