How do I correct this "low memory" error? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: How do I correct this "low memory" error?

I've been dealing with low memory errors with Vegas for years. Today, I had low memory errors that crashed an mpeg2 render. I spot checked it with each event and narrowed it down to all the jpegs I used in the project, around 12 or so. I knew to check that because I've gotten low memory errors on multiple OS and machines, and more than once it's been a jpeg file. I replaced the jpeg file today with the actual .psd file which is over twice the size and the render went fine.

Needless to say, and I've said it before, Sony really fails and error reporting and bug fixes, and ofcourse if I report this error to them, they'll just tell me to reinstall, which is what a monkey could say if he could verbalize a cue card. Sony has really failed the media community, each year we spend 400 bucks or so for what, a bare bones software that needs 800.-00 in third party addons to be worth anything.

I just installed FCPX and depending on how well I can work it into my workflow, Vegas' time might be counting down.

I wish someone at Sony would read our complaints, but based on my 7 plus years of use, I've learned they really don't care about support.

Vent over.

It seems I spoke to soon, I'm now having problems with the .psd files, png files, but not the video? Sigh.

Well, I pulled the ol'e dynamic preview thingy down to 0,(and 8) and the error went away. Amazing, that stupid error has been there for years and years.

Last edited by Steven Davis; June 10th, 2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: lol, Sony support, or lack there of....
Steven Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...