DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Blu ray disc compatiabilty question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/511222-blu-ray-disc-compatiabilty-question.html)

Bruce Phung October 7th, 2012 03:05 PM

Blu ray disc compatiabilty question

I am having a problem with blu ray disc is not playable on Sony blu ray player. Please help me out how you did it and list your workflow here is appreciated. I want to create a blu ray disc that is playable on all or most play ray players

Here is how I did it and it not working. I rendered my 1hrs 20min project in Vegas 1920x1080 24P at 25mb and rendered AC3 pro audio. I open up DVDA Pro 5.2 and set the project property accordingly and I make my manu. From there, I do the prepare .iso file only. I then, mount the iso file onto a virtual drive and it play fine on my PC. When I mount the iso file to a virtual drive, it create blu ray folders, BDMV and CERTICAFTE folder. I open ImgBurn and drag in those 2 folders (BDMV & CERTIFICATE) and set the blu ray file structure to UDF 2.5 and burned the blu ray disc. The result, the disc is play fine on my PC with Power DVD11 but it won't play on Sony blu ray player.

Phil Lee October 12th, 2012 09:52 AM

Re: Blu ray disc compatiabilty question

Hi

Did you finalise the disc?

Regards

Phil

Ron Evans October 12th, 2012 12:26 PM

Why didn't you just use the iso file in IMgburn.

Ron Evans

Duane Adam October 13th, 2012 08:36 PM

You're missing a step in that you have to re-write the index and movie file codes with a hex editor. It's simple and there's a link to the process here.

My Blu-Ray Movie Burning Experiences...

Burned a master a few days ago, it still works.

Ron Evans October 13th, 2012 08:44 PM

As I mentioned I just get DVDArchitect to create an iso file and then let ImgBurn burn the disc from the iso file. Never had a problem always works for me. That is the whole point of DVDArchitect making an iso file. ImgBurn , Nero or any burning program will burn this image file. The correct file structure is embedded in this iso file.

Ron Evans

Duane Adam October 13th, 2012 09:55 PM

The Blurays burned from architect won't play on all brands of players. I bought one of the new Sony players last week and it also won't play architect Blurays. If you change the code in the iso file with a hex editor they work on everything.

Ron Evans October 14th, 2012 06:58 AM

I have been following my process for several years now with no problems. The latest Sony Bluray player I played them in was a BDPS185 that my daughter got a few weeks ago.

What source files are you using though and did you use DVDArchitect to burn or a true burning program and at what burn speed. Most of my files were either MPEG2HD encoded with the Vegas Bluray preset or AVC Bluray preset using Quicksync encode from Edius . The file encode does make a difference.

Ron Evans

Tom Roper October 14th, 2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane Adam (Post 1758457)
You're missing a step in that you have to re-write the index and movie file codes with a hex editor. It's simple and there's a link to the process here.

My Blu-Ray Movie Burning Experiences...

Burned a master a few days ago, it still works.

The hex edit and avchd patcher steps were hacks for authoring bdmv onto standard dvds. It shouldn't be necessary when authoring onto genuine blu-ray media.

Duane Adam October 14th, 2012 10:58 AM

Right, thanks for that clarification Tom. I'm still using this process as I print short features in HD onto DVD.