? about Sony Color Match at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

? about Sony Color Match

From what I understand the new version of Vegas has "color Match". Will this be of benifit if I am trying to match footage from the a Canon 60d and Canon xha1. I'm trying to match tghe dslr footage. If not, whats the best way to do this?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: ? about Sony Color Match

Yes, it can be used for that purpose. Trick is finding representative shots from each camera for your match.
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Chris do you think that using the color match is he best way to do this? I'm running the trial version of 12 and have not experimented withthe option. This is the first time I had to match dslr (60d) with my XHA1.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Inner Circle

When I have tried to match DSLR and Sony FX 1 or Canon HDV, I think color match might work okay for that, but then I think you still have to add some tweeking. For instance, in any given scene, I have always tried to match whites first. Most of the time that means using Vegas white balance on each of the clips to get a common white object to match. Sometimes, you need to preshoot a white card with each camera. From there, something like color match might be good, but without it, I then go to levels to try to get things to match up. Seems to work.

To me, color match has more of a benefit to get a look from a color graded photo or color graded clip that you want to get you new clips to match. It would get you close, but you still have to tweek a bit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...