DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   'render to new track' (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/511952-render-new-track.html)

Renton Maclachlan November 8th, 2012 02:26 PM

'render to new track'

When 'rendering to new track' is it possible to render only a video track rather than both video and audio.

Seeing I'm not using the audio from the tracks I'm rendering from, once it is rendered I need to ungroup the tracks, then delete the audio track, retaining only the video. It would be nice to dispense with the removal of the audio track...

Kim Olsson November 8th, 2012 03:13 PM

Re: 'render to new track'

If I understand you right...

When rendering options appear, choose audio tab, then remove the x from "include audio".

Another option is to mute the audio track before rendering...

You could also just removing the audiotrack before rendering...

Not sure I got you right, but this would be the solution for just rendering out the video...

Renton Maclachlan November 8th, 2012 06:33 PM

Thanks Kim...but there is no 'audio tab' that I can see in 'Render to new track'...

Mike Kujbida November 8th, 2012 07:50 PM

What format are you choosing?
Some don't have a "don't include audio" option.

Graham Bernard November 9th, 2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan (Post 1762707)
Thanks Kim...but there is no 'audio tab' that I can see in 'Render to new track'...

In VP12 I'm seeing the "Render To New Track" Menu. From here you need to pick the "Customize" option and then get to the Audio Tab for the Template and uncheck Audio.

Easy to just MUTE all the Audio Tracks you DON'T want. "Rosebud" had a neat Render to New Track that WOULDN'T add another Audio Track. Can't get it to work in VP12?

Grazie

Kim Olsson November 9th, 2012 07:35 AM

Renton, check this out:

Expanding The Verse View topic - Tutorial: Rendering to New Track (Sony Vegas)

Just mute the audio track.

Renton Maclachlan November 9th, 2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Olsson (Post 1762769)

Unfortunately Kim, muting the audio track doesn't mean the audio track is not rendered. It just means there is no sound in the new audio track. That shows in the linked video...

Jon Shohet November 10th, 2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan (Post 1762707)

Renton, when you choose "Render to new track' you should see a button to customize the template. once inside you have video and audio tabs. As Mike said, not all templates allow you to disable audio, but the AVI templates for example allow you to render only video.

Kim Olsson November 10th, 2012 02:44 PM

Renton, when I tries to render to a track, main concept .mp4, I can go to the tabbed windows "audio" and mark or unmark "include audio"...