Making DVD's from Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Making DVD's from Vegas

When I want to just make a few DVD's without any menus, I simply go to "Burn DVD" in the "Tools" menu. However, I find it very odd that Vegas does not seem to allow more than one at a time and therefore you have to wait for it to render for each one. Also, there are no settings to play with re bit rate etc. so is this method capable of producing a high quality DVD ?

Surely there must be a way that once it has rendered for the first DVD that you can simply go to this file and create another disc, without having to wait each time, or is Vegas that odd ?

Also, for a Standard Def. but high-quality DVD from an HDV or AVCHD source , I usually set my preferences to PAL DV widescreen but I cannot seem to find how to create a DVDA file in case I want to use it in DVDA later. I have read where it says to render the Audio separately, but I can't fathom how to actually do it.

Suggestions please.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Making DVD's from Vegas

You could always create an ISO file from the first DVD with ImgBurn and then burn as many copies as you want.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Or create a single movie (no menus) project in DVD A.

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answe...d/1105/kw/1105
Jorma Nippala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Thank you both. I have downloaded imageburn & the other site is quite helpful.

I eventually worked out the rendering in VP11 for DVDA with the two pass encoding. I checked the box and as the sound was there in DVDA I assume the two pass was done in the Vegas render automatically.
Is this correct ? - Also, there is lots of other stuff in there which I just left as is, or is it better to fine tune some settings for better quality ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...