DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Free DVD Architect Pro 6.0 for DVD Architect Pro 5.2 Users (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/512190-free-dvd-architect-pro-6-0-dvd-architect-pro-5-2-users.html)

Mike Kujbida November 19th, 2012 02:29 PM

Free DVD Architect Pro 6.0 for DVD Architect Pro 5.2 Users

Sony comes through once again :)

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvda6offer

Jeff Harper November 19th, 2012 04:52 PM

Re: Free DVD Architect Pro 6.0 for DVD Architect Pro 5.2 Users

I've tried to no avail to find out how DVDA has been improved, can someone point me to some info? I'd appreciate it.

Now, my complaint, after opening this new version:

I design my own DVD menus, so in the end, my complaint is pointless.

Nevertheless, I am severely disappointed that the latest release of DVDA has the same childish looking themes and backgrounds as it has had for years.

about 4 or 5 years ago I was impressed by Nero when it offered DVD menus with motion and other cool features, and thought surely DVDA would get around to something nice. Nero is not configurable enough for pro use, and I never used the DVD creation tool it offered, but it gave me hope that Sony would come around. No such luck.

It would be SO nice to have some awesome, ready to go corporate/business type and/or wedding type menu themes, but it is apparently not going to happen. You would think that with the huge user base of small time event videographers that DVDA would offer something other than the current stale offerings, but such is life.

Chip Gallo November 19th, 2012 05:01 PM

Odd that they didn't offer this through the normal upgrade method. It doesn't show as a "free" upgrade in my Sony Creative Software management area.

Peter Riding November 19th, 2012 06:18 PM

Odd that they didn't offer this through the normal upgrade method. It doesn't show as a "free" upgrade in my Sony Creative Software management area.

I got an onscreen alert when I launched Vegas Pro 12. I may have also got one if I'd launched DVDA 5.2 but by then I'd already upgraded to DVDA 6.

The upgrade process was very straightforward. I completed an onscreen form that just wanted my current license details and within seconds I had a new license number by email.

I'm glad to see it now has interactive tutorials built in. I found DVDA rather dense when I was first trying to get to grips with it.

There had been some speculation as to whether DVDA would support Blu-Ray, or even whether DVDA would continue at all. Well DVDA 6 does support Blu-Ray.

I'm not too worried about the built in themes etc. One persons cutting-edge art is anothers cheese-fest. Personal customisation is the way ahead.

Pete

Chip Gallo November 19th, 2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Riding (Post 1764232)
Well DVDA 6 does support Blu-Ray.
Pete

As did version 5.2.

Ron Evans November 19th, 2012 08:30 PM

The readme file just says that it now supports 3D Bluray so I expect that is the improvement in version 6. The rest looks the same to me.

Ron Evans

Leslie Wand November 20th, 2012 01:48 AM

totally agree with jeff - the templates (not that i've ever used one) look absolutely awful. seems arch. can't decide whether it's a hobbyists play thing, corporate be all, but it certainly isn't pretending to be a professional tool.

Ian Stark November 20th, 2012 03:51 AM

Yes, I've only ever used the templates for housekeeping stuff - I wouldn't let them loose on a client! Useful as a basis for customisation, though.

For day to day quick and dirty DVDs with simple menus, DVDA has always been fine for me. When I tried to use it to design the interface for my first feature documentary it fell far short. As such I started investing my time and effort into learning Encore, in the hope that DVDA would eventually have a major overhaul.

This release, though, is a big disappointment and deserves to be called 5.3, not 6 in my opinion. Two items in the 'What's New' section (both of which are of no interest to me). Twelve in 'Known Issues'.

I'm sad to say I think this is the end of the line for me and DVDA.

On a separate and more cheerful note (not intending to hijack the thread) Vegas Pro 12 is proving to be the most stable version for me in years.

Trevor Harris November 22nd, 2012 05:58 PM

The real bigee for me is 3D support. I have been waiting to be able to create 3D Blu-rays with some sort of menu.

Jay Massengill March 11th, 2013 10:26 AM

After installing and registering Vegas Pro 12 and DVDA 5.2 this morning I got this offer popup for DVDA 6, but it isn't successfully going through after I enter my info and submit. Is the offer out of date or has anyone else had a problem accessing it on the Sony Creative site and then receiving the e-mail with serial number? When I submit the info it says "Waiting on Sony Creative Services" for a while, then I get an error screen that it can't access the page.

Jorma Nippala March 11th, 2013 11:00 AM

This is from SCS Knowledgebase
If you find that you were not able to receive the email, please check your My Account to see if the serial number populated in the My Software section. If you do not have a My Account, create one and then check the My Software section.
https://www.custcenter.com/app/answe...ail/a_id/5129/

Jay Massengill March 11th, 2013 11:26 AM

Yes I have all my software listed in "my account" with the correct e-mail, including the new Vegas 12 and DVDA 5.2 and their correct serial numbers.
It seems the website isn't cooperating when I submit my info on the free offer page, it will only come up with a "this page can't be displayed" after I click "submit".

David Jasany March 12th, 2013 02:57 PM

I also had a problem getting DVD Architect 6. All I did was call Sony Creative Software and explained I was a registered 5.2 owner and would like 6.0. They quickly sent me an email with the download link to 6.0. By the way, don't expect any changes other than 3D support for Blu-ray and interactive tutorials.

You could also open a support case with SCS and request the link.

Jay Massengill March 14th, 2013 06:35 AM

I tried it again last night and it went through instantly. It was either a site problem the other day, or my DVDA 5.2 registration hadn't been in effect for enough time even though it was listed under my software.