Navigation question on Sony Vega Pro 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Navigation question on Sony Vega Pro 12

Hi guys:

I'll admit, I'm a little embarassed to ask, for my brain's not working (been wrapping up video editing this past week, and operating on few hrs a sleep and a lot of tea...) But just a navigation question. I'm having a tough time moving (can't remember the name) the line inside the timeline with my mouse. It's as if the slider is stuck in molasses, and can't figure out with in the settings how to fix it so it's a lot more elastic. when I move it with my mouse. Sorry I'm having trouble describing, I've attached a photo to help better describe what it is I cannot move easily with my mouse.

All help (and teasing too. :) ) appreciated.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails
Navigation question on Sony Vega Pro 12-sony-vega-pro-pic.png  
Robert Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Navigation question on Sony Vega Pro 12

When you click on the playhead, it will move slowly as you move it left/right. What I do is click somewhere else and drag. This creates a selection area but it also lets me scroll across the timeline quickly.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Major Player

I have"Allow edit cursor to be dragged" checked in Preferences. This way, as long as I touch the playhead anywhere along the vertical line (not on the top) I can drag it freely. Holding the playhead at the top and dragging it is slow but plays the sound track like an analog editing machine.
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Edward and Paul. I'm so use to clicking the cursor on top, that I hadn't thought of moving/clicking on the verticle line. I can move it now. Phew

Robert
Robert Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Major Player

It's understandable and not exactly intuitive, but it makes sense because at times anyone can have so many layers that they have to maneuver the playhead without having access to the top layer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...