DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Color correction - separating and correcting clips in bulk? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/513424-color-correction-separating-correcting-clips-bulk.html)

Jordan Brindle January 12th, 2013 05:51 AM

Color correction - separating and correcting clips in bulk?

I have a bit of an issue and I'm mainly looking to save time for future reference.

Recently i shot my first interview, a 1 hour 30 minute interview in a white front room by a window (alarm bells ringing already?). I had no choice on the room and no budget for lights. The window light was shut out by blinds and i simply used the room light for lighting and placed the subjects accordingly. As you can imagine, as the interview progressed over 1 hour and 30 minutes, the lighting began to change. It started off nice and bright with light shining through the blinds and as the day progressed it began to get slightly darker in the room and the top light began to shine through. The footage slowly becomes orangey at around 1 hour and while i have sufficiently color corrected up to this point at track-level im wondering if there is an easy way to seperate and color correct 30 minutes worth of back-and-forth clips between the two shots in bulk? I know you can save presets and apply individually, just wondering if you can simply 'mass select' clips and then apply color correction to all of them in one go?

Many thanks.

Don Bloom January 12th, 2013 06:03 AM

Re: Color correction - separating and correcting clips in bulk?

Actually there are a few ways to do just that.
First, right click on the first clip of the mass selection then use the menu and point to select all events to the end or words like that. Move those to anther track. Correct the first clip, the COPY>PASTE EVENT ATTRIBUTES to the rest of the clips.
OR you can leave them on the track but do your CC then copy and paste attributes to the rest. OR you could move them to another track and do your CC at track level.

Vegas gives us so manyy different way to do things take your choice,
HTHs

Dugi Barr January 12th, 2013 07:17 AM

If you have Vegas 12 you could also try the "Colour Match" effect.

Jordan Brindle January 12th, 2013 08:28 AM

Excellent, thanks Don and Dugi! :)

Gerald Webb January 12th, 2013 04:07 PM

If i understand you correctly there may be yet another way which may even be simpler.
Add an adjustment layer above your project and apply your color correction to that, then you can keyframe the changes in color as the shoot progressed, ie. Place keyframe at start with your chosen corrections, keyframe at end, your correction will change over time just as the lighting did.