8VP to 12VP crash. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Inner Circle

8VP to 12VP crash.

Good evening,

The project I have been on for a few years is in version 8, I would really like it to move into Vegas 12 pro.

I renamed the project then went to open it and I get the gray screen "Vegas has stopped working".

wondering if I was missing something along the way?
I left version 8 and 10 on the computer, removed 11 as I never really got it right.

any thoughts would be appreciated!!

dale guthormsen
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 8VP to 12VP crash.

You need to check to see if you are using any 32 bit effects. If so, remove them in 8VP and then use 64 bit effects in 12VP.
Jim Schuchmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: 8VP to 12VP crash.

You might also see if 10 will load it, then save it in 10, and then see if 12 will load that.

Another option that might work (not sure between 32-bit and 64-bit, though) - open both Vegas Pro 12 and Vegas Pro 8, select everything in Vegas Pro 8, copy, and then paste into Vegas Pro 12. No guarantees, though, and any track level effects/adjustments would be lost.

However, I'd strongly consider completing it in VP8 and use VP12 for new projects.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...