Awesome quality? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 10th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Tourist

Awesome quality?

I've been struggling to get amazing quality with my videos.
A person does MW3 edits (ehm), but they're insane quality. This is PC btw.
I asked him how he does it, but he gave out a few specifics.
That:
He records in 1920x1080 16:9 300 fps. (Using fraps I believe. He is using 0.1 timescale in game and records it at 30 fps, so, he gets 300 fps when sped upto normal speed in vdub.)
Renders as 720p in Vegas Uncompressed
Uses xvid codec in vdub

Rest is 'classified' if you will.

Example of his quality: (His 360p looks amazing and 720p like my 1080p)

I also record in 1920x1080, but even following those steps, and numerous settings on xvid, my quality is nowhere close. You could call me a qualitywhore, I want to to be amazing when I upload it to youtube, like his or better. Doesnt matter about the filesize to be honest, unless its like 100mb for a 2 second clip.

Cheers.
John Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Awesome quality?

Could it be that his videos are higher contrast than yours? Do your blacks appear dark gray rather than black compared to his? From the sample you provided, it looks like he brings down his blacks until it crushes, then raises the whites till they blow out. Then he bumps up the chroma level. This has nothing to do with the actual resolution, it'll make the video appear sharper and more vivid. So the secret is high contrast, and more color.... try it!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Tourist

It could be that he uses a "movie cfg" in game to change the colours, contrast etc.

Ill try doing that in my vegas videos and will repost.

It seems he uses a cfg which gives him this vivid colours. Ill try that too, thanks for the tip. Also, here are comparisons between what he put and the map. Its a big difference!

Normal: http://gyazo.com/2662d41575e465b2cc04a0caa83885f9 His: http://gyazo.com/75683e3187d2ff57c8a890ab6f3a6cf1

John Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Trustee

I took a look at your comparison screenshots. No need to use cfg. You already have the tools in Vegas to manipulate your images. 1. Crank up your contrast until your blacks go deep black, and your whites bleach out. 2. Turn up your color saturation a bit. With just these two adjustments, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get similar results as his.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Tourist

I tried getting his look but I failed miserably. :O(

But, how's the quality?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRCUt...ature=youtu.be
John Freddy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...