Why is this happening? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Why is this happening?

When I apply an effect such as a Color Curve to my clip in Vegas Pro, the effect appears blue at first but moving to the next frame displays the picture correctly until you adjust the curve again which previews blue but it plays correctly. Dropping an effect causes a blue preview although it's not blue when played, this makes it hard to adjust effects as they seem blue once dropped then I have to move a frame then make changes & it turns blue again then move to next frame to see my changes, very annoying. Any advice welcome. (Running Vegas 11 as 12 crashes constantly, this is a new issue after I did a clean install of my system.)
Attached Thumbnails
Why is this happening?-blue-effect.jpg   Why is this happening?-blue-effect-frame.jpg  

Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Why is this happening?

Colors are inverted (look at the flags). May be it is issue of a codec? What kind of video sources you are using?
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #3
Old Boot

Let's see a ScreenGrab of the CC FX Control Pane.

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Major Player

Canon DSLR codec. Any FX does it, disabling graphic acceleration solves the problem but now I don't have acceleration. I also have the latest drivers. It's not permanent it only does the blue once you drop a FX on a clip if you move in the timeline it goes back to normal. It's just annoying as I drop a curve then I first have to move to fix the preview then I adjust my curve it's blue again until I move in the timeline again. Same system, same drivers only a clean Windows install & now it does this.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Major Player

In this case, the result will be directly dependent on the:
1st - Quick Time version
2nd - Video card driver version.
Any system changes, including Windows Updates, can lead to unpredictable results. Therefore, the surest remedy is to transcode video on another appropriate format. I usually use the XDCAM HD 422 or XDCAM EX HQ, other people often use CineForm.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Major Player

The CUDA implementation in Vegas is known to be flaky. I believe most users turn it off.
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...