DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA 6.0 slow (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/517147-dvda-6-0-slow.html)

Ron Evans June 12th, 2013 11:16 AM

DVDA 6.0 slow

Is it just my system/setup or is DVDA 6.0 a lot slower than DVDA 5.2 ? I have tried a few times with DVDA 6.0 and the render tells me it will take 12 hours !!! After about 1 hour still says 10 hours so I have cancelled. Opened the project in 5.2 and it completes in about 30 mins. Do I have some parameter set up incorrectly ? I use a separate drive for all the temp folders and source is on another drive and render to a yet another drive. So source, temp and final render are to individual drives not the boot drive either. This for a Bluray preparation with a m2ts file from Edius that works just fine with DVDA 5.2. In both cases DVDA says it has to render audio ( I assume this means de mux the audio from the m2ts file and in both cases this only takes about 20 mins for a 2 hour program ) Its the preparing that takes all the time difference.

Ron Evans

Gerald Webb June 13th, 2013 03:18 AM

Re: DVDA 6.0 slow

FWIW, Why dont you render your project out from Edius or Vegas in a compliant format. That way Architect will only have to render any menus you have.
Take the mystery right out of it.

Ron Evans June 13th, 2013 07:04 AM

My question was why is DVDA6.0 so slow compared to DVDA 5.2 with the same file ? And yes the file is compliant it is program stream so DVDA will demux the audio. I tried again last evening and DVDA 6.0 after an hour says it still has 10 hours left. I stopped it and tried in DVDA 5.2 and it did the job in 24 mins with the same file.

I export from Edius to this file because that uses the Intel Quick sync of my i7 2600K and it is very fast. DVDA 6.0 only says it is rendering audio just like DVDA 5.2. It is the preparing that is taking all the time. While it is doing this it is using less than 1 % CPU so it is hardly working hard almost no memory use either.

Ron Evans

Garrett Low June 13th, 2013 09:41 AM

Hi Ron,

Something is odd with your DVDA 6 setup. I can create an ISO for a DVD about 1hr 45min run time with heavy menus and audio having to be rendered in about 5 minutes on my old quad core based computer. The main video is already DVD compliant so no rerendering of that. But still, even when I'm doing BR's and I have DVDA render the BR file it still only takes a few hours for an hour+ video.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVDA 6?

Good luck.

Ron Evans June 13th, 2013 10:26 AM

The project is a 2 hour BD using a m2ts file from Edius generated from the timeline with Intel Quick sync. Audio is LPCM data rate about 20. I have installed twice so far same results. That is why I think I have something setup wrong.

Ron Evans

Gerald Webb June 13th, 2013 02:42 PM

I would troubleshoot-
Go to My Documents- Look in the DVD Architect 5 folder and check with Mediainfo the exact properties of the files used to make the successful disc.
If you copy the contents of that folder into the DVD Architect 6 equivalent folder, then try to make the disc, does it work?
Could also try-
Drag your audio file into Vegas and render a AC3 file to match your Bluray properties, replace in Architect 6. Is the problem fixed?
Use Mediainfo to have a look at your video file, is it Blu ray compliant?
Have you got any other Authoring programs , Nero etc?
Try to make a basic disc in that. See what happens. Needs to render, or stream copies?

If you have reinstalled twice it i s unlikely you have a bad install. Your video file you think is compliant, but your audio is not. Make the audio file compliant and at least then you know that whichever version/program you use, the only rendering will be for menus and the rest will be stream copies of your media.
Should be easy to find where the problem is.
good luck.

Ron Evans June 13th, 2013 06:09 PM

Not at home at the moment so cannot check. But the file is Bluray complaint as DVDA 5.2 successfully uses the file to make a Bluray disc. Bluray works with LPCM with better audio which is why I have used in this case. So it isn't the file it is DVDA 6.0 somehow. Edius will also make a Bluray disc from the file too. I have not tried Encore but will do that as well to get another time. Will respond tomorrow now.

Ron Evans

Garrett Low June 13th, 2013 06:21 PM

I have to look when I get home but I recall that there was a switch in DVDA 6 that would force a rerender no matter what. I thought I got a notification though.

Ron Evans June 13th, 2013 08:15 PM

I am still babysitting at my daughters and will check that when I get home as that may be the issue. Though it doesn't say its rendering just preparing. Yes I am used to 5.2 creating the SD DVD in less than a minute on my system so 10 hr was a shock !!

Ron Evans