more DVDA 5 trouble at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 18th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Major Player

more DVDA 5 trouble

I am using Vegas movie studio HD platinum coupled with DVD architect studio 5 as part of a production suite which also includes Sound forge and vocal eraser. All these came as a bundle from Vegas. I haven't used the suite for some time as Movie studio woudn't do something I wanted so I switched to Adobe CS5 which did. I now used Adobe for all my HD productions and any SD productions on Vegas which is on another PC> This avoids changing settings all the time.
However I have come across a problem. When making a menu in DVDA 5 I can not open up a choice of
button design or background tenplates. I have read and re-read tutorials and watched DVD disc tutorials and no way can I open up these programmes. I am wondering if my version of DVDA is a cut down versionas it was bundled with Movie studio and doesn't allow these choices, I doubt it. I have clicked onto view and the button and backgrounds are ticked and I have then clicked ALT and the appropriate number
but nothing happens at all. Any suggestions most welcome.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: more DVDA 5 trouble

they only show when a 'menu' is selected otherwise they don't show... that is, iirc ;-(
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #3
Major Player

LESLIE> I don't follow what you mean by selecting a MENU. I select MENU BASED when starting a new project. I have a single button which is Click to play. How else do I select a Menu. Cheers
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Roy,
goto VIEW>...there you will find various things in that drop down like Buttons, backgrounds, themes...that's where they are. Click on any or all and they will show.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Major Player

AS I said in my first post I HAVE clicked onto view and then clicked onto which ever subject I wanted and nothing happens. I have now solved the problem and have managed to open the choices of button and themes etc. None of my tutorials have mentioned the fact that you have to click a very tiny arrow to the left of the screen to open which ever subject you require. Also a tiny cross next to the arrow switches them off. I found this by accident as I was so frustrated I clicked everything in sight and then found the solution. It seems that I have wasted a lot of money on tutorials. Thanks for everyone's interest.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...