DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Blu Ray issue I can't solve (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/517374-blu-ray-issue-i-cant-solve.html)

Chris Hewitt June 24th, 2013 09:52 AM

Blu Ray issue I can't solve ...now solved!

Hi all, I'm creating the Blu Ray iso image in DVD Architect 5 then burning to BD media in ImageBurn. The burn is successful but the disk on playback won't get past the opening 'first play' file.
The video files are all there.
It all works when played back in DVD Arch, menus all work but I've been burning coasters today.

I'm not new to this, I've made successful Blu Rays on this system many times but something has changed. I had a new install of ImgBurn (v2.5.8.0) up from 5.5 and since then, no luck.

Hope someone can help.

Vegas 11e/ DVD Arch 5.5
Windows 7

Jeff Harper June 24th, 2013 11:48 AM

Re: Blu Ray issue I can't solve

Try burning in DVDA? That would at least narrow down the source of the issue. If DVDA works, then Imgburn is the obvious problem. In that case go to their website and ask around if you don't get any help here.

Juris Lielpeteris June 24th, 2013 11:55 AM

Maybe it's a problem with player. What kind of player You are using?

Al Gardner June 24th, 2013 12:41 PM

Hey Chris,
This might be off base for what you are doing at the moment but how about downloading the trial version of TMPGenc Authoring Works 5. It's good for 14 days. I never make a coaster. I burn bluray all the time.

pegasys-inc.com

Chris Hewitt June 24th, 2013 12:56 PM

Thanks all for your replies. I don't use DVD Arch to burn BluRays, Jeff, because it just doesn't seem to work for me so I've used ImgBurn 100 percent successfully until today.I know that sounds like it points to a bigger problem but ImgBurn has always been a surefire thing so far.
I've gone back into DVD Arch and looked at the settings for that project and noticed that the 'First Play' end action was set to 'Most Recent Menu''. This was also the setting for the Remote option on that file.
I've changed both to 'Menu-Start' and am currently making an image file of that to see if it works. I will come back and let you know what happens.

I'm using ArcSoft Total Media Theatre 3 for playback of BluRay discs, Juris.

I will try your suggestion, Al. Back soon!

Chris Hewitt June 24th, 2013 02:44 PM

Problem solved....making the First Play set to Menu/Start was the cure. I guess this was something that got changed in my workflow on this project and I didn't notice it but it sure made a long day figuring it out, but we got there.
I have some coasters to donate if anyone is interested. They say they keep the crows away from the crops when they catch the sun.
Thanks all for pitching in!