I need help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 12th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: I need help

So here is an update. The other day I had a computer person come over. He spent several hours going over everything. He did searches on Google and found LOTS of information on Vegas 12 crashing at "Creating Windows". He tried all the fixes, nothing worked. He recommended that I get a new video card. I did that, installed it, and same problem. Last night I did a system restore to a point several days before the crash. Same problem. So, I made a command disision. I was happy with Vegas 10. Vegas 10 still loads and works perfectly on my computer. So, I will uninstall all traces of Vegas 12 and stay with 10. Yes, I will have to go back and re-create all the work I did on a project I was working on before the crash, but I can live with that. Other than rebuiling my hard drive or getting a new computer I have no alternative. I want to thank each of you that responded to my plea for help. Thank you all. Bob, A happy Vegas 10 user.

p.s. I got absolutely NO help from the Sony Vegas support line. Don't even bother calling them. I was on hold for over an hour and they never picked up.
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Bob

I have also seen numerous posts about Vegas 12 and I too am sticking with 10!! It seems that the nicest version to use is 10E (which is what I have) so it will remain on both machines for as long as possible!

My mate over here was having untold issues also with 11 but never with 10 !!

Another happy 10 User

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I am glad you can work with V10 Bob, that is great.

I personally have never had a problem with any version of Vegas loading. 12 works perfectly for me. I had a few minor hiccups at the beginning, but 12 is rock solid for me.

I strongly susupect the loading issue is software conflict, and I suspect that this is going to be most common on OEM machines. I would never have recommended a new video card for you, but I can see how someone might want to try it out of lack of any ideas. When these serious issue arise in any software, reinstalling Windows is the quickest and easiest solution. It eliminates most problems and can be done in a matter of an hour or so. Reloading other software can take time, of course, but if you do not store anything important on your c drive, which you should not anyway, you're good to go.

I should add that on an OEM machine with OEM version of Windows, you can probably not get a truly clean install, hence you might never get around a problem that is the result of this kind of conflict.

This makes for another reason why I am glad I do not buy store-bought machines. You are really at the mercy of the manufacturer and are stuck with whatever they want on your machine.

I would like to see a list of brand and models of computers that have this issue, along with installed software. It would probably show a pattern.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #19
Inner Circle

My machine isn't the strongest around but other than a couple of operator screw-ups in the beginning 12 has been pretty good for me. Of course I'm not doing the heavy amount of editing I was doing before but still 12 has been reasonably solid.
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #20
Trustee

Thanks guys. The funny thing is, I have been useing 12 since December and never had an issue, then on Sunday night I went to render a short 8 minute HD video that contained a short 20 second clip that was previously shot and rendered in SD the system stopped and I was never able to open it again. At some time in the future I may decide to re-install windows 7, but for now I will stick with Vages 10. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Rather than install 7, you might just go ahead and get Win 8 anyway and be done with it. It runs very very well. I loved 7, but I feel it's best to use latest version of Windows for compatibility purposes. Just my 2 cents. Vegas 12 was built with Windows 8 compatibility in mind, so it could not hurt a thing. Best of luck to you with your editing, Bob!

Last edited by Jeff Harper; July 12th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...