Sony Vegas and the GTX 760 video card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Tourist

Sony Vegas and the GTX 760 video card

Has any one tried the new GTX 700 series of video cards with Sony Vegas?

I am looking at the GTX 760 and wondering if it will work with Vegas. I know people have said the GTX 600 series does or doesn't work, depending on who is posting. Right now my old GTX 460 is giving me problems, so I need to replace it.

Any suggestions?

Tom
Tom Wilson II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony Vegas and the GTX 760 video card

i would be surprised (pleasantly) if even the 600 series worked. i think looking at the 700 is throwing away your money if it's just for vegas....
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Tourist

I know the 600 series don't work unless you have a 670 or 680, at least that is what is reported over on the Sony site in the forum pages.

It seems the 500 series is the way to go.

Tom
Tom Wilson II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Trustee

Hi Mr L. ~

The 660, 670 and 680 all work with Vegas Pro 12. Since the release of the Nvidia’s driver v320.49, released around July 2nd I believe, Vegas 11 has also benefited. Previously V11 lost GPU capability with the previous driver releases.

Running two systems here both working well, one 660 one 680. I have attached a screen shot of GPU Monitor and GPU Shark that were grabbed while V12 was rendering 1080i to Uncompressed YUV. I usually convert AVCHD to Cineform. With Cineform I can run preview at a full 25 fps on Best Full with CC and Levels without a hiccup on playback. This is on an earlier i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz with the GTX 680.

Sony MP4 and MPEG 2 renders have shown greatly improved render times, faster than real-time. As of now though I have not seen anything that is as fast as Edius 6 with Intel's Quick Sync. It screams through an hour’s BD render about three times faster, but then you can’t have it all can you!

See attached pix.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Attached Thumbnails
Sony Vegas and the GTX 760 video card-vegas-12-pro-nvidea-gtx-680-gpu-useage-drivers-v320.49-uncompressed-1080i-yuv-render-.png  
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...