DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   New Vegas version - build 12.0.710 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/518824-new-vegas-version-build-12-0-710-a.html)

Juris Lielpeteris September 9th, 2013 10:27 PM

New Vegas version - build 12.0.710

Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 710)

Added an Enable progressive download check box to the Video tab of the Sony AVC/AAC Custom Settings dialog to allow your videos to begin playing during download. This check box is available only when rendering to MP4 formats.
Added support for rendering XAVC MXF and XAVC S MP4 files to a folder on your computer.
Added support for XAVC S video to the Device Explorer.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when dragging a media file from the Vegas Explorer to a bin in the Project Media window.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening the Project Media window after saving a Smart Bin and closing the Project Media window.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when undoing new-track creation during playback.
Fixed a bug that could cause exported projects to display a Media Relink error when opening in Media Composer.
Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when importing Final Cut Pro 7 projects that contain multiple envelope points at the same location.
Fixed a bug that could cause an error when using File > Import > AAF to import an AAF file with subclips.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening the Render As dialog after saving a custom rendering template.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when opening a still-image sequence with a filename that included % characters.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when rendering very large projects to AC-3, ATRAC, FLAC, MP3, and OggVorbis formats on some systems.
Fixed a bug that could cause a crash attempting to burn very large projects to DVD using Tools > Burn Disc > DVD.
Fixed a bug that could cause the Burn Blu-ray Disc dialog to ignore a user-specified File path for the rendered image file.
The Render button is now unavailable if the Name box in the Render As dialog is blank. Previously, an Invalid File Name error was displayed if you cleared the file name.
Fixed a bug that could prevent you from changing the Pixel format and View transform settings on the Video tab of the Project Properties dialog after choosing either of the 32-bit floating point settings or the ACES RRT (sRGB) setting.
Fixed a bug that could cause the eyedropper tool to choose the incorrect color in video plug-ins.
Fixed a bug that could cause doubled audio to be recorded when using input monitoring.
Fixed a bug that could cause the Project Recorded Files Folder dialog to be displayed when undoing or redoing audio track list changes.
Fixed a bug that could cause selective prerender to fail when rendering using some XDCAM EX templates.

Steve Game September 10th, 2013 08:02 AM

Re: New Vegas version - build 12.0.710

Help please,

Tried opening Vegas 12 today (previous build) and it failed. The advice was to upgrade to fix the problem so installed build 710.

Now it wont open with the following fault report:

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 710) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\system32\amdocl64.dll
Fault Address: 0x000007FEE0F62E07
Fault Offset: 0x0000000000062E07

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\vegas120.exe
Process Version: Version 12.0 (Build 710) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2013-09-09 (Mon Sep 09) 09:09:52

I have no idea what is going on here but the splash screen hangs at:
Initializing GPU-accelerated video processing...

My AMD graphics card does not support GPU rendering so I don't know if it's trying to start up with it enabled.
Is there a safe mode startup for Vegas that I can make sure the function is disabled please anyone?

p.s. I also have Vegas v10 on the workstation and that opens fine.

Jeff Harper September 10th, 2013 09:24 AM

Sounds frustrating. I hope you can fix this troublesome issue.

The advice handed out in situations like yours Steve is always install the latest upgrade to fix things, but often it will not fix much of anything, aside from specific issues the upgrade is supposed to fix.

When you can't start up you likely have some kind of software or hardware conflict. If you're using an OEM machine, an reinstall from scratch of your OS may or may not fix things, but you could try it.

Short of that, you could try uninstalling your video driver and updating it, if it's not the latest, and see what happens. If you have another video card to swap out try that and see what happens, uninstalling your old driver first. Good luck.

Juris Lielpeteris September 10th, 2013 09:28 AM

Steve, have you integrated video card on m/b? Try remove ATI and set on onboard card.

Edward Troxel September 10th, 2013 12:48 PM

I was just shown this possible fix today:

1. Go to the Control Panel/Programs & Features
2. Right-click the "AMD Catalyst Manager" and pick "Change" on the pop-up menu
3. Click on Next
4. Choose "Uninstall" and click on Next
5. Choose "Custom" and click on Next
6. Choose "AMD APP SDK Runtime" and click on Next"

Juris Lielpeteris September 10th, 2013 01:12 PM

Build 12.0.710 is removed now from SCS

Tom Roper September 10th, 2013 01:25 PM

Steve, go to system restore, and restore to an earlier point (before the 710 upgrade). It's the easiest way to roll back to the previous version, and it won't affect your other files.

Steve Game September 10th, 2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juris Lielpeteris (Post 1812350)
Build 12.0.710 is removed now from SCS

Juris, 12 build 714 is now available for download. Will try an update tomorrow.

Juris Lielpeteris September 10th, 2013 06:31 PM

It works ;)

David Stoneburner September 22nd, 2013 05:28 PM

I just upgraded on to 714 on my laptop and now I don't see any images on the video preview window. I can see thumbnails on the timeline and see and hear audio waveforms but no video, nor will it export the video just a black screen. I tried reinstalling QT but that didn't seem to work. Ideas?

Graham Bernard September 23rd, 2013 05:20 AM

Here's my escalating methods for an install/repair:

Primary:Factory Reset: Hold Ctrl+Shift while booting up Vegas. This will force Vegas to perform a Default. Fire-up VP.

Not good? Then:-

Secondary: Reinstall - First reboot and then reinstall and after reboot. Fire-up VP

Thirdly: Uninstall and then reinstall - First reboot, uninstall, reboot and then reinstall and after that reboot. Fire-up VP.

Fourth: Re-download s/w Try again.

HTHs

Grazie

David Stoneburner September 23rd, 2013 10:25 AM

Thanks I'll give it a try.