Serious bug in latest build of Vegas Pro 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 10th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Serious bug in latest build of Vegas Pro 12

It's been reported and confirmed by several users on the Sony Vegas Pro forum that build 710 broke the ability to import still image sequences. Build 670 works fine so stay with that one if you do this a lot.
We can only hope that Sony gets a fix for this out ASAP.
In the meantime, forewarned is forearmed.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Serious bug in latest build of Vegas Pro 12

Thanks Mike VERY good information! I just downloaded the update, will delete and forget about it. Everything is working fine for me as is.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Serious bug in latest build of Vegas Pro 12

Turns out it was a big OOPS and here's the explanation from the Sony forum.
Kudos to Chris for admitting it!!

I’m Chris, programmer for Vegas, first time posting to the forum.

Mea culpa. This bug was my fault. To ushere and others, I’m deeply sorry for this oversight. Nick Hope was right, it was the “% characters” crash fix that introduced this problem and we accidentally tested only stills, not sequences. We already have a new, fixed build in the pipeline and hopefully you'll see it soon. Thank you all for posting about this because we were not aware of the bug until you spoke up.

This bug only affects image sequences, not other media files. I screwed up how we calculate the filename for frame N of the image sequence, and so we never find the right file. I hope you'll forgive this error and will enjoy all of the other fixes we made in this round.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...