colour indicating event is out of snyc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Trustee

colour indicating event is out of snyc

I ungrouped a video event from its audio so that I could remove it...done it plenty of times. But on this occasion as soon as I deleted the video the audio event turned pink as though it was out of sync...which it is not as there has been no movement. Anyone know why this should occur?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: colour indicating event is out of snyc

Your video clip not synchronized with respect to another audio fragment of the same source clip or vice versa.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Juris. That is a possibility. For some reason it came right...I don't know what I did. Perhaps I would have found the problem...but don't have to now... :-)
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Renton

If it goes pink then you definitely have moved the audio portion in relation to the video. It only needs to be one single frame right or left to make it go pink! Unless it's heavily expanded you might not see the shift but one tiny quiver from your mouse can shift it. The solution of course is to just shift the audio segment left or right until it turns from pink back to white.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Once you've pulled the video track out the audio may very well show as if it's out of sync because there is nothing to sync it to. However you shouldn't have any issue when you pull the vid track if you unlock the track from the audio then simply hit the delete button. Now if you drop something else in that area like stills or some B roll it will most certainly show up as pink (not sync'd) because it is not sync'd to the video you removed. It's not a big deal and if you want or need to move the audio clip simply highlite it and use the number pad to move the clip. 1,3, 4 or 6!
I do it all the time.
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #6
Old Boot

You could still have a tiny itsy bitzy bit of Audio that is orphaned. Edward's and other Extensions have auditing scripts to chase this stuff down. Very useful!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

I have seen this same thing happen. In my cases, it appears that the audio was overlapping a different segment of the same clip (for example, I cut out a section but and then crossfaded the audio with the remaining piece). So the audio clip on the timeline is actually "touching" a different segment of the same file which makes it "think" it is out of sync. If you know it's not out of sync, just ignore it and be happy.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Trustee

Thanks guys. If it happens again I'll know more clearly what to look for...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...