DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Is this fixed in 11? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/519172-fixed-11-a.html)

Steven Davis September 26th, 2013 01:43 PM

Is this fixed in 11?

I just rebuilt my machine after the hard drive committed suicide. And ran into this again, I know the audio issue is mixed rates, the music being 44hz and the video being 48hz, and atleast for my current project, this guys solution worked.

But since I have Vegas 10e, I didn't know if version 11 or what ever came up with a solution for mixing audio with different rates.

Mike Kujbida September 26th, 2013 03:43 PM

Re: Is this fixed in 11?

Steven, I hate to tell you but I regularly use mixed audio rates in my projects and have never had any problems with any version of Vegas (currently using Pro 10e for most projects).

Steven Davis September 26th, 2013 04:20 PM

I ran into it before and used the above solution to get around it. I too have also used mixed audio and usually don't have the problem. Since this machine is brand new with very little installed, I just wanted to ask.

Al Bergstein September 27th, 2013 12:21 AM

I would upgrade to 12, it's less buggy now. And why not resample the audio?

Steven Davis September 27th, 2013 02:31 PM

Hey Al,

Thanks for the tip. I'm lazy lol but re sampling is a good idea. I've had this issue with prior versions, so my ultimate goal is to faze out Vegas and switch to something in the mac relm. I'm hoping FCPX will grow up a little (with the audio abilities) so I can switch for good. I'll spare you my Vegas laments from 8 years of use (or abuse). :}

Seth Bloombaum September 27th, 2013 05:51 PM

um, I'm hoping you're thinking of switching for some reasons other than the need to resample some of your sound clips. Vegas is actually quite a bit better at all this than most others, mac or PC. "Mac just works" is some truth, some wishful thinking, and some myth, in my opinion.

OTOH, if you find a mac product that smooths out your workflow, more power to you!

Steven Davis September 28th, 2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Bloombaum (Post 1814729)
um, I'm hoping you're thinking of switching for some reasons other than the need to resample some of your sound clips. Vegas is actually quite a bit better at all this than most others, mac or PC. "Mac just works" is some truth, some wishful thinking, and some myth, in my opinion.

OTOH, if you find a mac product that smooths out your workflow, more power to you!

Thanks Seth; I'm just tired of the same glitches machine after machine, version after version. And I do think that a professional video editor should be able to used mixed media. I posted the other guys video, because Vegas should not have that issue. Besides, I've had the same glitches for years with Vegas, machine after machine, version after version, and some of them costing me days in problem solving. I've been using Vegas before Sony bought it, and I don't think Sony has gone leaps and bounds to improve the software. IMO At best, Sony has added bells and whistles without making the software sound to begin with. All the while asking us to fork out hundreds of dollars for software that has the same issues time after time. And as for Sony's support for Vegas, it's a joke. So it's more than just 'mixed media.' Sigh.

Jeff Harper September 30th, 2013 07:25 AM

Interesting fix, if I run into that issue I'll use it.

I deleted my post, it seems a legitimate problem, but minor. The fix above is too simple, I like it.

Nicholas de Kock October 2nd, 2013 04:45 PM

I have a problem in V11 & 12 where sound jumps all over the place in random, very annoying. On two different systems.