Vegas not Importing MOV files correctly from GH3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 13th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas not Importing MOV files correctly from GH3

Hello,

I shot some footage with my Panasonic GH3 in the high-bit-rate MOV format. When I import this footage into Vegas, only the first few seconds of the file is normal. The remaining footage does not have audio and appears to be a still or freeze frame? Is there any fix for this? I'm using Vegas 10 64 bit.

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Vegas not Importing MOV files correctly from GH3

I ordinarily shoot at 50mbs and all works well, but I have shot at the high bit rate and the entire file that I shot was there, but as you mentioned the video portion goes well beyond the audio, but it is just a frozen frame from the end of the audio on. The actual file is only as long as the audio portion. If you grab the right edge of the frame on the time line and pull it back to match the audio, the entire clip that you shot should be there. If not, I have no idea what is going on. I would like to see this fixed as well as it is time consuming to trim every clip, but as of now that seems to be the way that it is.
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Just finished a major project with a GH3 .mov 50 mbs in Vegas 12, over 50 clips with no sync problems what so ever.
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard Hill View Post
The actual file is only as long as the audio portion. If you grab the right edge of the frame on the time line and pull it back to match the audio, the entire clip that you shot should be there. If not, I have no idea what is going on. I would like to see this fixed as well as it is time consuming to trim every clip, but as of now that seems to be the way that it is.
I just got a GH3 and I'm experiencing the same thing when shooting at 24P. Every clip I have to move the blank or still video to match the audio.
Geoffrey Chandler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...