Vegas 12 new feature is driving me mad! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 17th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Vegas 12 new feature is driving me mad!

The thing is - you can still get tabs:

Drag one window over another window:

1. If you are to the right and approach the top, it will add them left/right
2. If you are to the bottom and approach the left side, it will add them top/bottom
3. If you move it to the upper left corner, it will tab them

It also previews the arrangement before you let go of the mouse button so you can just continue moving the mouse if you don't like how it previews. Just don't let go of the left mouse button.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #17
Old Boot

Edward, we still don't know if that's what was wanted. I was guessing - hence I made a question. And yes, if that IS what was wanted - Quoting Mr Punch: "That's the way to do it!"

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #18
Major Player

Edward, thanks for that, it helps but doesn't stop the problem. Grazie is right, all I'm trying to do is stop two windows sitting one above the other. I want to eliminate the vertical abilities of the windows and just have the horizontal layout with tabs as it was prior to Vegas 12, each window sitting side by side with each other.
If that can't be achieved, well, it was nice of everyone to pitch in and I will just have to make do. Seems strange that we don't appear to have the choice to turn this new feature off.
Chris Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #19
Major Player

Chris, sorry to come in late but I've been following this and suspect that we still don't have any idea what you are talking about. As far as I can see Vegas 12 didn't take anything away from 11 in regard to layout. To me it seems totally flexible - you can have as many windows as you want, docked vertically, horizontally, undocked, tabbed, any which way, it's just up to you, and you can save the layouts. Like Edward suggests, grab the little dots at top left in each window and drag them around.
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:36 PM   #20
Major Player

Save layouts maybe?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...