Vegas Pro 13 is Here - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 18th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Vegas Pro 13 is Here

Comments so far.

P-l-e-a-s-e let us have an option to put the timeline controls back up on the top menu bar.

If you use a monitor for nothing but timelines these tools are now way down the bottom of the monitor. I know there are keyboard short cuts for them but if you want to use the mouse it's about ten times more mouse travel involved with timelines at the top.

Also please give us a quick key to cycle the 'new' Shuffle, Slip, Slide etc tools. Like the 'D' key cycles through Envelope Edit, Selection Edit etc. Basically we have had all of these functions in one form or another so maybe not so ‘new’

Loudness meters 5***** plus on that one. Very useful for broadcast, will definitely make use of them.

So far all Nvidia GPU playback assistance and render functions working well. Various codec render times on test timeline almost identical between v12 and v13. 4% to 5% quicker on Sony AVC/MVC Internet 1920 x 1080-25p than v12.

Not a massive amount of changes to v12 but then v12 was a pretty mature package for most editors.

Worth the cost of the upgrade? I think so. As someone already posted, “yes” even if it was just for the Loudness meters alone.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #17
Major Player

I always go for the upgrade special this might be the first one I skip purely on the grounds that the new icon looks like it was designed by a 3 year old :P Jokes aside I was hoping for a major update form Sony as they took their sweet time with this release but as always they have lived up to their reputation with another disappointing release.

Why is Project archiving a new feature? It's been around forever when you go "Save As" you could chose to export all associated media, they literally just moved all the stuff around. There is nothing in Vegas 13 that I find enticing enough to spend money on. Vegas 12 is finally stable, sorry Sony I'm disappointed yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
P-l-e-a-s-e let us have an option to put the timeline controls back up on the top menu bar.
I couldn't agree more, I have a three monitor set-up, give us the option to customise our own toolbars. Chris I got a multi button mouse with custom assigned keys to slice, cut/delete, copy, paste, tool selection, undo, play, stop, enable/disable ripple, ungroup all done by mouse via shortcuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
Worth the cost of the upgrade? I think so. As someone already posted, “yes” even if it was just for the Loudness meters alone.
I've actually stopped using Vegas to Master my audio a long time ago, it's good but there are better options available.

Like a bad relationship I keep hoping for the best from Sony with little progress.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Ba View Post
visit VegasVideo.de (which is my own web site) and click the Vegas-Pro-13-banner down below. Then from the SCS product page click any desired product. That should offer the lowest prices including the upgrades.
Well that worked for me for Vegas itself but the $99 upgrade to Titler Pro 3 doesn't show up - it wants £180!!

Any suggestions?
Dave
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 06:51 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Is the Titler Pro upgrade directy sold by Sony Creative Software or by NewBlueFX?
Marco Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #20
Sponsor: JET DV

The Titler Pro 3 upgrade is being sold by Sony. Please check with Sony Customer Service if you have any issues getting the upgrade.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...?keycode=64947
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward; that link worked nicely.

David
David Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #22
Major Player

Hi

I've upgraded from Vegas 10, seems to be working well so far.

Question, I've downloaded NewBlue PrimeTime Lower 3rds and installed it, but can not find how I use this, it isn't showing up in Vegas under the Titling section, any ideas?

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #23
Major Player

I'm using Pro 12, am not a professional editor. Only edit home videos, kids' activities, family vacations,... Is there any reason for me to upgrade?
Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Combs View Post
I'm using Pro 12, am not a professional editor. Only edit home videos, kids' activities, family vacations,... Is there any reason for me to upgrade?
Thanks,
Download and install the evaluation version and see if it does something new you find worthy of paying for. I did just that this morning, and V13 crashed on me while it was still loading. So, naturally, I will not upgrade.

I have always upgraded in the past, but not this time.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
Question, I've downloaded NewBlue PrimeTime Lower 3rds and installed it, but can not find how I use this, it isn't showing up in Vegas under the Titling section, any ideas?
The Lower 3rds packages require Titler Pro 2 or Titler Pro 3. Once installed, open Titler Pro and go to the "Library" tab and it will be found in the Project Templates sections.

Titler Pro 3 is available as an upgrade when purchasing Vegas Pro 13.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #26
Major Player

Hi

Many thanks for the info. Does this mean I need to purchase Title Pro 2?

Best Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #27

Phil, I would purchase the Titler Pro 3 upgrade offer.

Partner Products: NewBlue Titler Pro 3

You may need to contact Sony Customer Service to get the correct pricing.
Old April 18th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #28

Take a look at the various videos here:

Partner Products: NewBlue Titler Pro 3

There are many good reasons to upgrade to Titler Pro 3 and it is a great bargain with Titler Pro 3 plus the styles package for only $99.95.
Old April 19th, 2014, 05:26 AM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
....V13 crashed on me while it was still loading. So, naturally, I will not upgrade. I have always upgraded in the past, but not this time.
Crashed on me 5 minutes into editing a project, so not upgrading either.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #30
Trustee

i posted this over at scs, but my summation so far:

i've spent the day working on a large, though not too complicated project...

it feels like i'm going backwards, honestly.

i have no idea who or how this release was assessed or beta tested, but i get the distinct feeling:

a. scs is a group of programmers who happen to be involved with an nle software project (as opposed to a paint program, animation program, etc.,). they certainly AREN'T editors.

b. scs believes in moving forward, a good thing if they'd take a moment or two to look back occasionally and repair what is obviously broken, and some of these bugs date back YEARS

c. scs DON'T listen to their core users. in fact they probably have to listen to marketing, but that shouldn't stop them repairing what's broken.

d. throwing gimmicks at pros is pointless, we don't need them, what we need is, as has been said countless times over a number of years; is a reliable, stable, robust nle.

e. whatever beta testing program is now in place is a failure if it doesn't catch NEW problems, such as breaking scripts, gopro, etc., let alone resolve old ones.

f. scs should sort out gpu once and for all. it's nothing more than a bad joke as it stands at present. no, it's not a bad joke, it's embarrassing especially when compared to the competition.

g. colour levels... need i say more?

it's such a great pity that what was once software head and shoulders above the competition, and punching even beyond that has been brought down to such a derisory level.

it's very unlikely i'll ever spend any money on vegas again, and i'll certainly not be recommending it either. edius, even given it's clunky interface, limited toolset, etc., at least has the backing of grass valley, a company that knows it's market and caters directly to it - no gimmicks, just solid, reliable, BORING software.

it's going to take a LOT to get me back on board the fanboi train....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...