DNG sequences and vegas 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DNG sequences and vegas 12

I've managed to import a sequence of DNG's (using Convergent Design 7Q) and all is well until I select floating point 32 full range. It looks fine when Preview is not set to Full. On full best it becomes several shades darker and unusable. Does anyone know what's going on? thanks
Bill LiPera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: DNG sequences and vegas 12

I don't edit in 32 bit mode but I found this suggestion on another Vegas forum. Hope it helps.

Whenever I switch from 8- to 32-bit color depth (full range) for the FIRST time in a project, the "View Transform" defaults to ACES RRT. This makes my flat footage look immediately cooked: colors go wonky and blacks and whites are fairly clipped.
Verify the behavior and settings that I described. Then switch "View Transform" to "off." Do you get 'back' your nice and flat image? Hopefully, you do.
I don't work with 4k, but I always cut in 8-bit color depth to maintain smooth preview. If I need full 32-bit, it's the very last thing I switch before I color correct and grade, usually by spot-checking since I can't (usually) get full preview rate at this setting.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply but I do keep it to off and I still get that problem but only in preview best. Very strange.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I forgot to add that it's only with DNG files. Thanks
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill LiPera View Post
I've managed to import a sequence of DNG's (using Convergent Design 7Q) and all is well until I select floating point 32 full range. It looks fine when Preview is not set to Full. On full best it becomes several shades darker and unusable. Does anyone know what's going on? thanks
Have you considered converting it to a different format? Adobe, the creator of the DNG format, offers a free conversion utility just for that purpose.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...