DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 13 SLOW render (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/523038-vegas-13-slow-render.html)

Ryan Laytart April 30th, 2014 11:08 AM

Vegas 13 SLOW render

I've upgraded from Vegas 9 to 13, and the render time is ridiculously slow in 13. The same project that renders in 10 minutes in version 9 is now taking an hour and 10 minutes. I've checked all the settings, and they're identical.

Any ideas?

Dan Herrmann April 30th, 2014 11:32 AM

Re: Vegas 13 SLOW render

Without knowing your set up I am guessing the new software 13.0 rely on the GPU more than 9.0 did.

Ryan Laytart April 30th, 2014 11:48 AM

Another issue I was having, but have now resolved, was a problem with the border plug-in. The border was not binding correctly to the floating event (would only bind to top and bottom, but would default on the sides, leaving a transparent area on either side).

Upon disabling GPU acceleration, that issue is resovled, somehow.

My main computer specs are:
Windows 7 64bit
Six-core i7-3930K @3.20GHz
10gb memory
Nvidia GeForce GT 530

Ryan Laytart March 16th, 2015 09:26 AM

I'm still having the same problem with 13. I bought the upgrade, last Summer, and it has essentially been a digital paper-weight. A lengthy support run-around with the Sony team proved to be unfruitful. It's as though Vegas 13 completely ignores my six core i7 processor.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jeff Harper March 16th, 2015 11:41 AM

No. As a last resort have you reformatted your hard drive and reinstalled windows?

I install Vegas before anything else after installing windows and getting everything set up.

Ryan Laytart March 16th, 2015 03:21 PM

That definitely IS a last resort. Not prepared to go through re-installing everything, as Vegas 9 is still doing the job. Some of the Vegas 13 features look useful, so it'd be nice to use it. I was just hoping someone else had experienced the issue.

George Palmier March 18th, 2015 07:22 AM

Are you choosing "Render using CPU only"? If not try to render in this way

Duane Adam March 18th, 2015 08:52 AM

I have a similar setup and 13 renders quickly on my computer. I have maximum number of rendering threads set at 4, seem to remember any less would cause slow renders.

Jeff Harper March 19th, 2015 09:11 AM

Read this thread below. His problem was not the same as yours but I wonder if you were to try uninstalling all Vegas Plug ins, uninstalling 13, then reinstalling 13 and your plugins if it would help.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...-pro-13-a.html

Based on my past experience, a bad install of Vegas can be tough to figure out. I just start with a clean hard drive and go from there, always seems to fix things. In your case, you don't need it badly enough to go to all that trouble so maybe above idea might help.

Ryan Laytart March 20th, 2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Palmier (Post 1880000)
Are you choosing "Render using CPU only"? If not try to render in this way

I don't actually see this option. Am I missing it, somewhere?

I will try your suggestion about plug-ins and re-installs, Jeff.

Duane, I have mine set at 12... but 12 cores is a result of hyperthreading. Perhaps setting it to the actual physical 6 cores will make a difference. I'll try it and get back with you.

Duane Adam March 23rd, 2015 11:07 AM

If it's slow at 12, will probably be slow with less. Mine was crashing at 12 and reducing the number of threads seemed to fix that while still rendering reasonably fast.

Ryan Graves May 28th, 2015 10:32 AM

Whenever I render a video file of AVCHD footage in Vegas Pro 12 to a DVD Architect-friendly file or an MP4 file using GPU Acceleration with my NVidia GeForce GTX980, the video will stop rendering at some point in the video, at a black screen. There's nothing wrong with my card, it's brand new. In fact Vegas used to do this with my old card as well, a GTX280. Does anyone know if I need any special settings or something in order to make GPU acceleration work properly?

Thanks,
Ryan Graves
Seattle Wedding Videography
Wedding Video | Seattle, WA Wedding Videographer

Jeff Harper May 28th, 2015 04:21 PM

The only solution I know of is to turn off GPU acceleration. Has always been a useless feature for me, never worked with my PC configuration.

Ryan Graves May 28th, 2015 04:31 PM

MAN that's frustrating! Really??? This has been th same case with Pro 11, Pro 12, and now Pro 13. Can't believe that they haven't fixed this yet. My GPU renders LIGHTNING quick when it's on...but it just always stops at some point in the render at a black screen, saying 0% rendered, and I have to try it again and hope for the best. The alternative is using my i7 chip which is fine, but it hogs my whole computer in the meanwhile.

Bruce Phung May 29th, 2015 09:26 AM

Can't help the op but I want to share. I have no issue with 11, 12 and now 13. Any one of you still remember the Sony Release Project Benchmark. A lot layers and heavily FX and a lot of video tracks. This benchmark will test how well your system perform. Here is my sample.

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos