Vegas 2 veg file in the timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 19th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #1
New Boot

Vegas 2 veg file in the timeline

Vegas Pro 10.

Hi,
Is there any way I can import or open 2 Veg files on the same time line.

I almost finished editing a 3 minute video, when I thought I would use a template tital intro at the beginning.

I saved & closed the 3 min video then opened the template tital intro, change the text and rendered it, re-opened the 3 min video, imported the rendered template tital intro to the time line, once I finished the project I rendered the whole thing.

It might be better if I could open 2 veg un-rendered files on the same time line but not sure if itīs possable, any ideas?

Barry
Barry James Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Vegas 2 veg file in the timeline

Barry, to get multiple VEG files on one timeline, you will have to use nested VEG files.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2014, 04:42 AM   #3
Trustee

Another Way. Make sure you have sufficient room in your main timeline to fit your title sequences. Create new tracks in your main timeline that can accomodate that title sequence and 'copy all' from your title sequence project and 'paste all' into the new tracks on your main timeline project.

Or as Edward suggests. Use your title.VEG file as a nested sequence. Make changes as necessary to your title project, save it. Now import it into your main timeline project and drop it in as a clip on the timeline. Then render it all out.

Used to do this all the time on a motor sports TV show where all the graphics, music, timing and transitions in the opener remained constant each week. Just used to change the opener video using the right click drag from Project Media method using 'Video Only / Add Video as Takes.' Would then bring that new modified opener into the main program timeline as a nested sequence. Saved a lot of time and sped up the workflow nicely.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney.
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 06:37 AM   #4
New Boot

Hi Edward Chris,

Thanks for your help Iīve tried both of your methods and played around a bit this last couple of days and both work OK for me.

Thanks again
Barry
Barry James Parsons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...