DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Question About Cuts Using Multi-Cam (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/524330-question-about-cuts-using-multi-cam.html)

Brad Ridgeway July 30th, 2014 11:34 AM

Question About Cuts Using Multi-Cam

I am using the multicam feature Vegas Pro 10 for the first time but I'm getting quite annoyed at how cuts are being made. I'm not sure what is going here so I am looking for some help.

When making cuts on the fly during the video preview (to switch from one cam to another), sometimes Vegas will make the cut at the current "live" position and sometimes it will make the cut at the previous "cursor" position where the video had last been paused or stopped. I can't for the life of me figure out what rhyme or reason Vegas is doing this to me. I am using CTRL plus a mouse click to switch cams and include a cross fade.

Anyone have any ideas here? Can you understand what is going on from my description of the issue I am having?

Jeremiah Rickert July 30th, 2014 08:55 PM

Re: Question About Cuts Using Multi-Cam

I've never had that happen, but I usually don't try to cut on the fly. I move to where I want the cut to be and click the angle on the quad view. Once I have all my cuts, I then go back and change some to crossfades manually.

Gerald Webb July 31st, 2014 12:07 AM

Click away from the timeline before moving to the Multicam window.
This will apply cuts at the cursor position rather than your last marked cursor position on the timeline.

Marc Salvatore August 1st, 2014 07:18 PM

Brad,

I've been experiencing the same frustration lately with Vegas multi-cam. It seems to lose focus on the timeline much easier than in the past versions and when it loses focus it will make the cut where you started playing. It's hard to nail down but it does not seem to operate the same. I have not gone back and tested older versions but for example Ctrl + s will do it. I think also just using the mouse scroll while the video is playing will cause it to lose focus.

I'd let Sony know and see what they say. Sometimes they fix things and other times bugs go on with no end in sight. I had luck once with a trimmer bug being fixed quickly by making a demo video showing exactly what I was experiencing and comparing it to a previous version of the software. I e-mailed it to tech support and they fixed it the following version.

Brian Berg August 23rd, 2014 05:26 PM

I use VASST InfinitiCam. It's very easy to use.

infinitiCAM

Edward Troxel August 25th, 2014 08:48 AM

Or you could take a look at the original Multi-cam available in Excalibur.

Leslie Wand August 25th, 2014 03:21 PM

+1 excalibur

Ken Plotin August 25th, 2014 09:56 PM

And another vote here for Excalibur. I've been using it since the early version for multicam.
Thanks Edward!
Ken