MB Looks in Vegas Pro 13? Is v13 solid? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 6th, 2014, 01:56 AM   #1
Trustee

MB Looks in Vegas Pro 13? Is v13 solid?

2 questions -

Is anyone using Magic Bullet Looks in Vegas 13? Ive been using Vegas since v6 and am currently on v11. For the most part, I love working in Vegas...

I have a project where I need a lot of stuff done and the client likes MB Looks. I was going to do it in AE and then export it out and back Vegas where I am much more comfortable... But I just wasted 4 hours trying to get MB Looks to play in v11 (Win 7 - 64 bit). No such luck... even tried an older version of MB Looks that supposedly worked. No... it didn't.

I have PPro installed - which MB will work in. I am just way more fluent in Vegas...

BUT... I am getting really pissed that Vegas seems to be the NLE version of the red-headed step child... So I am thinking of bailing out on Vegas to PPro. Of course I've been saying that since v9.

So... I'm thinking of upgrading to v13 so that MB Looks will work in 64-bit Win 7 land... Is anyone doing this?

And is the current v13 build reliable? I currently shoot primarily on on a 5D2, but have just ordered as C100 (avchd), with an Ninja2 (Prores 422).

Thoughts are welcome... Thanks in advance
Old August 6th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: MB Looks in Vegas Pro 13? Is v13 solid?

Red Giant - Products - Magic Bullet Looks - Compatibility
Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Major Player

My V13 Windows 7 has been crash free with one exception when I was editing Newblue fx titles. Been editing with MB, 4k, 8k stills etc.and it's been solid as a rock. I should add it was not stable until I increased memory from 8gb to 16gb. All previous versions have been prone to crashing on numerous computers so using Vegas crash free is new to me. Also have P.P. CS6 which is ultra stable.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #4
Trustee

I did upgrade to the 'Edit' version of Vegas 13, and Magic Bullet Looks recent build is working well so far. I have 32gb of ram on an i7 3770, with a GTX680, so it should be able handle it.

I'll guess I'll stay in Vegas for a while longer. Though I am getting more comfortable in Adobe after using AE more and more. It would be nice to use PPro... I just find Vegas so easy to do MOST things.

Thanks for the help.
Old August 8th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #5
Trustee

Ken, I don't know what type of work you do in AE, but it might be worth you taking a look at Hitfilm Ultimate 2 for your compositing work. I am so very impressed with it, and it wil integrate with Vegas 13 easily. The one feature that it lacks (at the moment) is corner-pinning, but there are ways around that...
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
I'll guess I'll stay in Vegas for a while longer. Though I am getting more comfortable in Adobe after using AE more and more.
Thanks for the help.
I probably spend more time than average getting audio right and Vegas is so much better than P.P. in that regard. All of my plugins work in Vegas (Waves, Sonnox, UAD etc.) not so in P.P.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
Ken, I don't know what type of work you do in AE, but it might be worth you taking a look at Hitfilm Ultimate 2 for your compositing work. I am so very impressed with it, and it wil integrate with Vegas 13 easily. The one feature that it lacks (at the moment) is corner-pinning, but there are ways around that...
One of the things I like about AE is the templates at Revostock. I can quickly create great and unique intros for corporate clients. I also use the video copilot plugins for different projects as well. I did a quick search for anything relating to hitfilm in general and couldn't find much. But I'll look into it some more as I really do like editing in Vegas... I just don't get why Vegas is treated like a consumer grade product, as opposed to a pro grade NLE. Like this issue with Magic Bullet. I love there stuff, BUT! The compatibility with Vegas is really weak. In their color suite, on Looks is compatible with Vegas 64 bit v12 and 13

I'm actually reluctant to tell a client asked which editing system I use. I usually just tell them I use Sony and Adobe CC if they ask. To be honest, most clients don't have a clue, or even care. It is after all about deliverables...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...