From Vegas to HandBrake at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 13th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

From Vegas to HandBrake

Some time ago I built a workflow which simplified the process of rendering an intermediate out of Vegas to use in HandBrake for a better AVC encoding (often I'm just not happy with the quality of AVC renders out of Vegas, especially if it needs downscaling).

I finally found a way which needs only one mouse-click in Vegas Pro to get the current project send (via frameserving) to HandBrake. Though the inital installation and configuration will need some time – the use of what I call "Vegas2HandBrake" is really simple, look here:

It was done for my personal use only but then others found it useful too, so if you're interested - take a look at the description of installation, configuration and use of Vegas2HandBrake at VegasVideo.de.
Marco Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: From Vegas to HandBrake

System requirments:

Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 – 64 bit.

Vegas Pro 13 or 12.
Maybe it even works on Vegas Pro 11 64 bit (I can't test though).
Old August 19th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Old Boot

Like a charm. No more F!"$""£%$ interim renders to HB.

"MARCO FOR KING OF THE UNIVERSE!"

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

:D

Some people had trouble with the installation of DebugMode FrameServer, thus the FrameServer did not appear in Vegas Pro's renderer list (and thus the Vegas2HandBrake workflow would fail).

So anyone trying this workflow: Be sure you selected the correct version of DebugMode's FrameServer. 2.15 for Vegas Pro 13 and 2.14 for Vegas Pro 12 or 11 (remember the Vegas2HandBrake workflow will not work with Vegas Pro versions prior to 11).

Whereas there should be no need to modify the installation path of FrameServer's core, be sure the installation path for the FrameServer's Vegas Pro plug-in will be set to the program folder of the appropriate Vegas Pro version.

If you use Vegas Pro 13, Vegas Pro 13 was installed to the standard path and you install FrameServer 2.15, there would be no need to modify anything during installation of FrameServer. But if you installed Vegas Pro 13 to an individuall path, you also need to adapt the path of the installation of the FrameServer plug-in (not the core).

If you don't use Vegas Pro 13 and you install FrameServer 2.14 you must be very careful because during the installation process the FrameServer will give you the standard path to Vegas Pro 11 only. So if you use Vegas Pro 12 you must modify the given path of the FrameServer plug-in (again: not the core) to your Vegas Pro 12 program folder.

Hope this helps avoiding trouble.
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #5
Major Player

Marco,

Thank you for your superb work on this script. It works like a charm.
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2014, 04:39 AM   #6
Trustee

few hic ups getting it going.
But have to say Thank you
A real time saver.
Thanks again :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...