Sony Vegas 12 stopped rendering, after 1 year at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 30th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony Vegas 12 stopped rendering, after 1 year

Hello,

When I try to render any kind of projects I get this error "An error occured while creating the media file.
Exception thrown by method called"

I can still render by going to Tools>Scripting>Batch render. But I can't use File and Render as.

Any idea anybody?
Thanks.

I'm using Windows 7 64 and Vegas worked liked a charm before.
Larry Secrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony Vegas 12 stopped rendering, after 1 year

What has changed on your PC?

Have you replaced any hardware, installed a new application, or updated any drivers? You need to back track what you did prior to this problem. If Vegas has been working flawlessly up until now then something small and irrelevant can shut it down, that's all it takes.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 07:56 AM   #3
Major Player

I solved it by removing some windows update and adding others, it took me three hours, since some updates seemed necessary to even allow Vegas to load, while others are necessary to allow it to render the normal way, while others can keep one or the two from happening. This is ridiculous. Sony should write Vegas to run on Linux. Anyway, it's fixed and I'm not even sure I could help someboyd with this problem as I've certainly lost track of what I did. But from now on, all updates are disabled. Everything is working so no updages untill death happens.
Larry Secrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Larry, I've turned off automatic updates on Windows. It's a known issue that you cannot trust that your app will survive an OS update. This allows you to continue along until you can properly backup your working OS copy, and then attempt an update. Linux or Mac OSX will also force the same issues, so you really need to manage the process rather than hope that some other OS is the salvation. They all are like this. Glad you figured it out though! I've been there myself. Always do a drive ghost to a backup drive before applying any os updates.

Good luck!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...