Sharing my first 4K homevideo from my GH4 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 24th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Sharing my first 4K homevideo from my GH4

I was in Texas, Houston, 3 years ago. It was 42 degrees all week... Loved it! Loved the humid warmness of godness =)
We are hoping to travel to Australia in around 2 years from now. We are a big family (five of us), so its pretty expensive...
But we'll see...
Kim Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Trustee

best april may / sept oct - spring / fall. otherwise you might regret it ;-)

of course, we're a pretty big island, so really depends where you're going.
Old November 25th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #18
Major Player

OMG, 42°... 24° may be too warm to me. Kim, You need to go to India!
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #19
Major Player

Just had to say "no thanks" to an offer from a relative "down-under" to house sit for seven weeks while he and his goes walkabout (in his 4x4).

I've a pair of GH4s and lenses, love wildlife videography, never been to Oz and Adrian lives in Cairns.

Too much to sort out in too little time is my excuse.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 04:48 PM   #20
Major Player

I have still not a clue why my video on youtube was uploaded and transcoded in this bad way...

And it have nothing to to with 4k to do, because its the same on 1080p, 720p and lower also..

Im hoping someone knows how to get around this. Maybe I should render the video in some different way?

/Kim
Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:18 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Theoretically, YT might not be correctly interpreting your render.

Are you using a Vegas render template? Modified anything?

The settings you posted seem to include an adequate bitrate. You could try Variable Bitrate (VBR) instead of CBR.

Then I'd try a different mp4 codec than MainConcept.

Then i'd try rerendering in Handbrake. Its x264 codec is the best!

These are ideas, and may not be solutions. But if you go all the way to the end you'll have done about all you can.
Old December 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #22
Major Player

Yes I am using a render templates "Mainconcept AVC/AAC .mp4".

The only thing I changed was setting the resolution to 3840x2160, changed the bitrate to constant 50mbits and changed the video render quality from good to best.

I changed from VBR to constant only because I didnt wanted Vegas to decompress further scenes, because sometime Vegas "believes" it should lower the bitrate when reading frames, but ending up in just bad compressed scenes...

But I can change this and try VBR if that will work..

Maybe I should change from Mainconcept...

Handbrake isnt able to render 3840x2160 ? I believe I tried before but it wasnt possible to render in 4K or UHD... 1080p is maximum resolution i think.

I'll try changing things in my render template..
Old December 30th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #23
Trustee

Why don't you try XAVC S long-GOP? It was designed by Sony for 4K, and it is the best H264.codec in the package. It will render at 100 Mbps, vbr. Youtube has no problems dealing with it (it is the 4K codec I use to render).
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:02 AM   #24
Major Player

thnx for your suggestion, I will test that out.
I'll tell you if that will do it when I am done.
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rosenzweig View Post
Why don't you try XAVC S long-GOP? It was designed by Sony for 4K, and it is the best H264.codec in the package. It will render at 100 Mbps, vbr. Youtube has no problems dealing with it (it is the 4K codec I use to render).
I did try the XAVC S long-GOP and others, same problem with everone ;)
Strangly, i did render out just those couple of seconds where I did experience the problem. No problem at all. The clips plays buttersmooth in evey codec I test.

It have has to do something when you upload longer videos to youtube. Youtube to some kind of different recoding algorithm to save space on its servers or something... And therefor using same frames when it "thinks" the previous or next frame is identical or very little different.

Anyway, I did in another attempt, upload another cinematic homevideo but this time its all in 96fps with my GH4.
Just wanna share to you guys..

Old March 13th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #26
Major Player

Matching the emotion of a film with appropriate music is an art form in itself. You seem to have the touch.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:00 PM   #27
Major Player

Oh, thank you =)

I just like to combine great sound scores and build up a memorable homevideo with my kids..
I wish I also had the talent to compose such music. That would be so complete =D
Old March 14th, 2015, 07:33 PM   #28
Major Player

Did you also mix the soundtrack? The voices sound like they were dynamically treated by a pro. Just the right amount of compression, appropriate EQ, there was some reverb on the early voices and a section where they scatter from left to right while always sitting correctly in the mix. It sounds like it was mixed on an SSL board or something at that level. In any event the audio is superb (as is the video) and a reminder of how important a well done soundtrack is. Super job.
Duane Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 07:01 AM   #29
Major Player

I bought the license to the soundtrack (Ember - Tony Andersson) from The Music Bed. So I only placed the soundtrack on top of my video tracks. I havent manipulated or done anything specific to the soundtrack.
Thats if you where wondering if I had "mix the soundtrack"?

The voice is from my daughter Amelie, which is 12 years old. I recorded her in her room with my little recorder Zoom H1 =D. I gave her a "script"...
To the voice clips of my daughter, I have added some FX (Track compressor, Reverb, ExpressFX Graphic EQ and Wave Hammer).
I really know nothing about audio, I just read on the web, trying to found out how to create some "echoing" e.g. that would be why I used "reverb". And the other FX's, I have used to "lift", "enhance" or "change" the voice to what I believe sounds good. But my knowledge when it comes to audio is absolutly zero. Im just trying to "listen" how I want it to be.
My first video which where in 4K, was also expremental...
It's maybe because there is a backgorund soundtrack you really can't hear the flaws =)...

Also the thunder in the beginning, did I capture oncamera last year when it was bad weather.

I'm really glad you liked it! Thanks!
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:42 AM   #30
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Olsson View Post
Oh, thank you =)

I just like to combine great sound scores and build up a memorable homevideo with my kids..
I wish I also had the talent to compose such music. That would be so complete =D
Congrats on the good job, and I'm shearing your desire to use my own moody soundtracks when time comes for short films like yours (as I mentioned in another thread).

Cheers

Piotr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...