DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Text generator window (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/526027-text-generator-window.html)

Renton Maclachlan December 9th, 2014 07:42 PM

Text generator window

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before...

Re the (Legacy) text generator: The text window opens when selected, at a fixed size. Is there anyway to increase the window size?

Normally in PC programs, the size of such windows can be increased by clicking and dragging on the perimeter of the window. However this window does not do that...and you are apparently stuck with the relatively small window...which can be a real pain if you have quite a lot of text...

Mike Kujbida December 9th, 2014 08:55 PM

Re: Text generator window

Sorry Renton but there's no way that I know of to make that piddly little window bigger :-(
Of course I stand to be corrected but I don't think there is.

Renton Maclachlan December 9th, 2014 09:44 PM

It's something Sony should add to Vegas...make the window size variable...

Mike Kujbida December 9th, 2014 09:53 PM

Good idea and here's where to ask for it.

Sony Creative Software - Product Suggestions

Ian Stark December 10th, 2014 02:18 AM

The Sony Pro Type Titler plugin has a resizable window - if you can bear to use it, that is . . .! With apologies to those who like it :-)

Renton Maclachlan December 10th, 2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1870266)
Good idea and here's where to ask for it.

Sony Creative Software - Product Suggestions

Thanks Mike...I've put a suggestion in...

Renton Maclachlan December 14th, 2014 01:26 AM

Another question about the text generator window.

It appears that in it all text is treated as a block...that in regard to some features at least, you can't separate some text from other text. For example, I want to make some text transparent, but not all of it...but I don't seem to be able to make this distinction. If I make any text transparent, it all is. Is there any way to make the distinction?

(I can make some text smaller that the rest, so that is one distinction that can be made...)

Marco Ba December 14th, 2014 04:23 AM

This again is possible in ProType Titler but not within the other Vegas Pro text generators.

Paul Fierlinger December 14th, 2014 10:31 AM

My workaround for such things is to stack another Legacy window on top. I can't explain why, but I am quite happy because of the dumb simplicity of Legacy. :)

Dave Baker December 14th, 2014 11:40 AM

It's a long time since I used Vegas, so apologies if I'm off beam here, but I seem to remember you need to put each type of text on a serarate track on the timeline and use different effects for each.

Dave

Renton Maclachlan December 14th, 2014 12:58 PM

I want to use transparent text because I don't want any of the other text in the event to move... as it does when you replace a proportional letter with a space. I am then going to put the same words made transparent, on another track so they can be manipulated. Maybe I'll look at Pro Type Titler...

Renton Maclachlan June 12th, 2016 05:02 AM

This is something I would like the new owners of Vegas to look at...

George Dean June 12th, 2016 11:27 AM

I view the results on a 2nd monitor as I'm typing, editing, changing attributes, position, etc. It doesn't bother me as much as others. If Magix improves the window, I'll take it, if this improvement isn't on the list of important features and fixes for the next couple version, I'll be good with that as well. But I do understand how this could bother some users.

Pete Baratta June 13th, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi people,

I use VP 13 for just about everything but when it comes to text fx or intros Blufftitler is hard to beat for the price.

Jay Massengill June 13th, 2016 02:53 PM

I'm not sure if it works in Legacy Text for attributes like transparency, but many people don't realize you can highlight specific bits of text and even blank lines with no text while editing, and change the size of the highlighted bits of text or lines between text independently in the same window.

That's helpful if you don't want or need to build two different text sets on two different tracks just to accomplish some size change within the same window.

I often use this for making correct line spacing in between lines of large text. You can create a larger space between grouped lines than a simple return, but not as large as using a blank line (two returns) that is the same size as the large text itself.

You just have to highlight one character of blank space on a line and then set that text size for the line independently of the other lines of large actual characters.