Drop shadow and glow in track motion 3d alpha at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 18th, 2015, 02:38 AM   #1
Trustee

Drop shadow and glow in track motion 3d alpha

Happy new year to all...although it seems like there are an increasing number of things to make one unhappy... :-(

Be that as it may...I have a multi layered graphic on which I have a 'drop shadow', and now and again, a 'glow' using 2D track motion.

However, I have to turn the graphic using 3D track motion because of a change of camera angle. 3D track motion appears to not support drop shadow or glow. Am I correct? If so, is there a way to get at least a drop shadow attached to the graphic?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:51 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Drop shadow and glow in track motion 3d alpha

Opps... it appears I asked the same question back in 2013...and was kindly supplied some answers...

Will read up on them...
Old January 18th, 2015, 03:46 AM   #3
Trustee

Thank you Ian (Stark) for your solution back in 2013... appreciated...

'Re: no drop shadow option
Almost, but not quite ;-)

When you have created the parent track, THEN make the track below it a child, not at the end of the process.

As soon as you click the 'Make Compositing Child' arrow to do this, you will see two new icons appear in the parent track title strip, just below the minimize/maximise icons on the left.

The bottom icon is Parent Compositing Mode and the top one is Parent Motion. It's Parent Motion that you need to click in order to apply the shadow to child tracks. You were clicking the regular Track Motion icon on the parent track which would affect that track only.

Hope that helps.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM   #4
Trustee

Just revisiting this thread re a minor question...

I have just done a bit more of this 3D track motion stuff... and initially had forgotten how to do it, then rediscovered Ian's explanation given back in 2013...

So I have it all going and it is working fine...

However...prior to rediscovering Ian's explanation I had already launched track motion without making the 'parent/child' track stepup required, so now have two lots of track motion keyframe thingis (technical term), one being 'Position/2D Shadow', and the other being 'Parent Transform/Parent 2D Shadow'. The first of these is redundant, though still there.

Out of interest, is there anyway of removing the redundant one. It is not doing anything good or bad but it would look tidier if it wasn't there...
Old May 11th, 2015, 05:49 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Renton, all you need to do is delete the unwanted keyframes.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...