DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can't launch Vegas Pro 13 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/526565-cant-launch-vegas-pro-13-a.html)

Matt Bigwood January 23rd, 2015 10:33 AM

Can't launch Vegas Pro 13

I just upgraded from Vegas Pro 11 to 13 today, but cannot even launch it! When I start it, after about 30 seconds it throws up a crash report. My PC is running Windows 7, and is about three years old - i5, 16GB ram, SSD etc.

I'm thinking I maybe should reinstall Windows and try again?

Ron Evans January 23rd, 2015 01:07 PM

Re: Can't launch Vegas Pro 13

I would uninstall Vegas with something like Revo unistaller and make sure there is nothing left of Vegas13 or Vegas 11. Then reinstall Vegas 13.

Ron Evans

Matt Bigwood January 23rd, 2015 02:29 PM

Thanks. I haven't uninstalled VP11 (I had Vegas Pro 9 and 11 both installed in the past) but will try that before doing anything more radical.

Christopher Young January 24th, 2015 06:07 AM

Try holding down CTRL + SHIFT as you try to launch v13. A dialogue box will pop up then check the 'Delete all cache data' and see if that gets you up and running. Also you could try opening an existing project from an earlier version but my first go would be with the CTRL + SHIFT option. Failing that a complete uninstall of Vegas 13 and maybe re-install from Safe mode.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Matt Bigwood January 24th, 2015 09:47 AM

Thanks Chris - I tried the CTRL Shift when starting, and it didn't help. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled VP13, again with no success. My next plan is to see if I can install it on my laptop.

Dave Baker January 24th, 2015 10:06 AM

Matt, you need to completely uninstall Vegas using an uninstaller, rather than add/remove programs. If you did, ignore this post.

You need to use something like IObit uninstaller (free!) which will scan for all the stuff left over from a normal uninstall and leave your computer completely free of Vegas, so when you re-install there are no settings or details there to corrupt the new install.

Like Ron said, I just noticed!

Dave

Matt Bigwood January 24th, 2015 02:30 PM

Thanks for the clarification - I simply used the Windows uninstaller, so will try your recommendation.

Mike Kujbida January 24th, 2015 02:35 PM

Matt, here are the uninstall instructions direct from Sony.
https://www.custcenter.com/app/answe...nstall%20vegas

Dave Baker January 25th, 2015 01:00 AM

The Iobit uninstaller is safer, it deletes the registry keys without manually opening it and therefore gives no chance of making mistakes.

The Windows uninstaller leaves the registry entries and application data hidden in hidden folders around the computer. Sometimes useful, often a pain. A good uninstaller will find and delete it all.

Dave

Matt Bigwood January 25th, 2015 02:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try this later in the week when I am back in the office and report back.

Matt Bigwood January 29th, 2015 04:09 AM

I've just uninstalled Vegas Pro 11 using IObit, and removed every trace from the registry, but still I can't launch Vegas Pro 13. Looks like I will either have to do a clean install of Windows or contact SCS.

****Update: I used IObit and methodically removed anything that looks video related and the Pluraleyes plugin for Vegas, and hey presto, I can now launch Vegas 13. Thanks again for all your assistance.

Dave Baker January 29th, 2015 05:06 AM

You need to completely uninstall Vegas 13 as well, re-boot afterwards, then re-install it.

Dave

Ron Coleman March 8th, 2015 01:08 PM

Did you check the Windows Event logs? The Application log should show what is causing it to crash on startup. I had a similar problem when I installed Vegas Pro 11.

Matt Bigwood March 9th, 2015 10:02 AM

I think the problem was caused by either NewBlue Titler Pro or Pluraleyes or some other plug in, and after uninstalling anything related to Vegas I managed to launch Vegas Pro 13.