DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA recompresses already rendered ac3 audio for bluray? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/527578-dvda-recompresses-already-rendered-ac3-audio-bluray.html)

Ian Slessor April 2nd, 2015 09:40 AM

DVDA recompresses already rendered ac3 audio for bluray?

Hey all,

Making BR discs VP11.

I've rendered out the HD video and the audio separately.

The audio as .ac3 and at the settings for DVDA, 48khz and 192 kbps.

When I prep in DVDA for the Bluray it tells me it's going recompress the .ac3 audio. All of it.

Have I done something incorrect?

If not, is there a way to avoid this minor, but annoying step?

Incidentally, best settings for BR production? mp2 or avc and bitrate at 25?

Thanks.

ian

Jeff Harper April 2nd, 2015 03:17 PM

Re: DVDA recompresses already rendered ac3 audio for bluray?

Ian, go to help in DVDA and search for audio specs for Bluray, there is a small chart there that will tell you what it permissable.

Ian Slessor April 5th, 2015 04:51 AM

Hi Jeff,

Yup.

Did that and the files are within the parameters indicated but DVDA is STILL recompressing the audio.

And that only happens when I create Bluray content not when I use the same .ac3 files to create DVD content.

Odd that.

ian

Jeff Harper April 5th, 2015 08:24 AM

Ian, that is strange for sure. If you have music for the menu, try eliminating it, just to see what happens. I think sometimes DVDA will recompress menu music, but it doesn't specify it and so I can't tell what it's recompressing.

Or, if your project is not too large, try wav files that fit to spec and see what happens.

It won't solve the problem your experiencing, but if the wav files will fit they will be of higher quality than ac3 anyway.

Sorry for your problem!

Juris Lielpeteris April 6th, 2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Slessor (Post 1881690)
Hey all,

When I prep in DVDA for the Bluray it tells me it's going recompress the .ac3 audio. All of it.

Have I done something incorrect?

Ian, try to use the built-in Vegas Pro ac3 presets. DVDA do not like non-standard dynamic processing in ac3 files, maybe even something like. Presets for DVD (may by with increased bitrate to 640 Mbit/s) DVDA never recode.

Ian Slessor April 14th, 2015 10:19 AM

Hey all,

Small update.

I've encoded the audio using Vegas default preset for .ac3 stereo.

I didn't have any other audio, such as on the menu pages and yet it's STILL telling me that the audio needs to be recompressed for the Bluray. I do NOT get that message when creating the DVD...using the same audio file!

What gives?

Why does this happen and why only on the Bluray creation?

ian

Jeff Harper April 14th, 2015 02:02 PM

Did you set the audio properties in the Bluray project to match the properties of the rendered Vegas files?