Vegtas stalls on loading .veg files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 29th, 2015, 08:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegtas stalls on loading .veg files

I have the latest build and it stalls, typically at 4% during loading, other times further along. The only remedy is to go the Taskbar and terminate the processing but when you start up again, no problem. This does not happen all of the time (same file loads one day and then not the next). I have taken to exiting all other apps when I start up Vegas.

Anyone else had this issue?

I will update this thread if I discover any patterns.
Karl Walter Keirstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2015, 10:31 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Vegtas stalls on loading .veg files

I do not know if it's related but in the Spanish forum videoedicion.org some users report failures after upgrading the driver nVidia 350.12 in Vegas_13_ 444. Going back to the previous driver version fixed the problem. Maybe it's something you have to check.
Juan Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Vegtas stalls on loading .veg files

BEFORE opening a Vegas project just check in Windows Task Manager that you have NO instances of Vegas running unless those other Vegas instances are currently open Vegas projects.

What I have seen is situations where there are no open Vegas projects and then Vegas hanging at lowish opening percentages. Why? Not sure but when checking Task Manager I have found other Vegas processes STILL ACTIVE even though there are NO open Vegas projects. Obviously a bug of some kind because when you close a Vegas project down it should kill its process in Task Manager but often it doesn't.

Since I have started watching Vegas in Task manager I have seen instances on a number of PC where up to three Vegas processes were still alive although there were no open projects. This is when I have seen Vegas hang on opening projects. Kill those old Vegas instances under the 'Processes' tab in Task manager and you might find that the hang on open issue has gone.

Please post back if this helps you as it's an issue that Sony (SCS) need to fix. Good luck!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...