Baseless Sony Vegas rumor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 9th, 2015, 04:50 AM   #1
Trustee

Baseless Sony Vegas rumor

Hi All ~

Jay Allen, a reasonably regular poster here has brought to my attention some comments that a system integrator / builder made to him regarding goings on at Sony (SCS) with regards to the future of Sony Vegas. This is what Jay had to say:

"I just ordered a new computer build from XXX (name withheld) and was told that Sony let go the entire Vegas development dept last week."

Of course this made me prick up my ears and I'm thinking "News to me!" So just in case this was a rumor being spread around I thought I would raise the topic with SCS direct. Within 24 hours i received the following from what can only be considered a reliable source:

"Hi Chris. I'm on the road right now and that link is not working on my phone right now. But its OK with me if you post back that you just spoke with the director of marketing and there have been no lay offs at Sony Creative Software and in fact the team is currently working on another update for VP that will go out later this summer.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Best regards
Michael."

So as I said to Jay:

"This works for me. This guy has always been a straight shooter in my dealings with him so I think you can rest assured that Vegas will be around for a while yet. I'll stick this up on DVInfo as well just to put people's minds at rest. You could probably also inform whoever gave you this trash information that they should get their facts right before spreading 'bulldust' around.

BTW 'Bulldust' is a polite way down here of saying something else.

Keep on Vegas'in folks!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Baseless Sony Vegas rumor

Proverbs 21:23 Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
:)

Sublime Lighting LLC
Old May 9th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Baseless Sony Vegas rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
Keep on Vegas'in folks!
Thanks, Chris. While I have never taken the rumors of Vegas’ impending death seriously, it is still good to hear it straight from SCS.

Adam
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...