Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 17th, 2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 121
Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio

In the past, when I have imported a DVD into Vegas 10 there were always several spots where the audio dropped out (for a few frames) completely. I just imported a 2 hour DVD and there were no spots with audio drop outs. Nothing has changed on my computer...I'm wondering why no missing audio this time? Was it a Festivus miracle? ;)
Herm Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #2
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: upper hunter, australia
Posts: 1,368
Re: Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio

how did you import this time as compared to previously?
__________________
www.lesliewand.com.au
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Windsor, ON Canada
Posts: 2,765
Re: Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio

Herm, if you used the suggestion I made in the How do I import SD DVD disc to the timeline? thread, then that's why you didn't get any audio dropouts as this method totally avoids that annoying issue.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 121
Re: Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio

Leslie....I imported the same way as always. Mike...I will try your method in the future, thanks.
Herm Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:13 PM   #5
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: upper hunter, australia
Posts: 1,368
Re: Importing DVD to Vegas to question about audio

in general mike's way works 99% of the time - the other 1% is usually operator error ;-)
__________________
www.lesliewand.com.au
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network