DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Top quality for a 45 minute dvd in DVDArch (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/531037-top-quality-45-minute-dvd-dvdarch.html)

Marcus Martell January 30th, 2016 04:18 AM

Top quality for a 45 minute dvd in DVDArch

Hallo friends,
i was wondering if u would use the same settings for this render about a documentary. I shot it with sony FX1 the interviews (about 35 minutes in 1080-50 i), then i shot the landscapes and the aerials from helicopter with D7100 (the other 8 minutes) and 4opro 4 (in 4k downsized in HDV1080 for about 45 seconds cause i loved the wide shots from above).
My workflow has been:
- edit everything in HDV 1080 50 i timeline
Field order UPPER frame rate 25,000 (as i'm in Pal Land)
Full resolution rendering quality BEst
Deinterlace Method: interpolate
Was this the choice u should make considering 85%interlaced material in 50 i and13% shot in 25 p?

Then it comes the authoring part for 45 minutes of DVD:
Variable Bit rate ticked
Maximum 9.500.000
Average (bps): 6.000.000
Minimum 192.000
What do u guys think? It's an important documentary and i was tryng to achieve the best quality

thank u so much for taking time to help me

Juris Lielpeteris January 30th, 2016 05:50 AM

Re: Top quality for a 45 minute dvd in DVDArch

I use video CBR 8 Mbit/s for DVD less an hour.

Bruce Dempsey January 30th, 2016 07:56 AM

Hola
(1)- It has been my experience that the highest quality dvd will be achieved using Tmpgenc Mastering Works to convert your footage to dvd compliant mpeg2. The program has presets which make it very easy to use.
(2)- Once the files have been encoded for dvd usage then I use tmpgenc authoring works to create menu and burn but any authoring tool will be ok
The most important part is (1) the encoding for dvd - any authoring tool can make the actual dvd so long as it does not re-encode or alter the files in any way
I hope this helps.
So I recommend you get Tmpgenc Mastering Works. It will do your current task well and has many other templates for Blu-ray, and every other delivery format you might need
I myself struggled with this for years attempting to get the best quality dvd

Don Bloom January 30th, 2016 12:10 PM

I burned thousands of under 60 minutes DVDs in my days and never went more than 8 for top number, 6 for average and 2 for minimum using VBR. The number of discs that didn't work was maybe 6 and every one was due to a scratched disc.
8 6 2 VBR worked every time.

Greg Kintz January 31st, 2016 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juris Lielpeteris (Post 1907964)
I use video CBR 8 Mbit/s for DVD less an hour.

This is the best answer for a title under an hour going onto a DVD-R.

Anything above 8 mb/s can be problematic on certain DVD players and given you won't run out of disc space, why drop the bitrate at all? Meaning in this case. VBR encoding is not required. Feed it the max safe bitrate (8mb/s CBR) and call it a day.

Enrique Orozco Robles February 1st, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi Marcus. I just add "2 pass" on your variable bit rate setting.... just a little bit longer render time but worth the results....

regards

Mark Williams February 1st, 2016 03:50 PM

I also use video at CBR 8 Mbit/s for DVD less an hour with 320 kb/s dolby digital audio added to it.