Magix Vegas Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 23rd, 2016, 05:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Magix Vegas Video

Finally the mystery is cleared:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/magix...-klaus-schmidt

In autumn will arrive Vegas Pro 14?
Juan Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 07:15 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Re: Magix Vegas Video

Best news for Vegas Pro in many years.
Old May 24th, 2016, 01:33 AM   #3
Trustee

It's coming for sure!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Attached Thumbnails
Magix Vegas Video-magix-takeover-vegas.jpg  
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I willing to bet that magix will listen to the customer better.
Hurrah my German friends! They should of sold it 2 years earlier and they would of saved more users.
Jay Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Magix software is available on Steam, a popular software distribution platform. I'd much rather buy it on that and just have it in my account and have it on multiple machines with ease.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #6
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
They should of sold it 2 years earlier and they would of saved more users.
If you mean SONY, maybe the price for MAGIX, or "others" wasn't low enough? Had you thought of that?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 04:14 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Vegas hasn't improved much since 10 so this is good news indeed. Can't wait to see where Magix takes us.
Alex Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:31 AM   #8
Inner Circle

I agree, I know nothing about Magix, but I too hope Vegas will improve. Anyone have experience with Magix support?
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:47 AM   #9
New Boot

Magix is well known here in Europe. Now I use more Vegas, but years ago went beta tester for version 2.008 of Magix Videodeluxe. In many ways how to edit (based on the event) in the timeline it is similar to Vegas with a good editor audio system. And I'm sure they are reading this forum.

Honestly, I think Vegas is in good hands.
Juan Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 08:37 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Gary Rebholz just posted this on the Sony Vegas Pro forum. Great times are ahead for our beloved software!

Hi everyone. I can't express how wonderful it is to experience your enthusiasm about the recent acquisition. Good things lie ahead! I want to assure all of you that I will be following what you say in the forums as best I can, even if I won't be able to participate directly as much as I'd like.

I also want to introduce you to Eric D. from our team here in Madison. Eric will be directly involved in the forums on a regular basis. He is your conduit to communicating with the team. Many of you know Eric from his work on the support group at SCS. He's extremely knowledgeable and is here to help you. We want to make sure you feel heard, even if we can't get to all of your requests. Expect an introductory post from Eric in the next day or two.

Again, thank you for all the enthusiasm and support. And thank you JR for helping spread the message!

Here we go!
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #11
Inner Circle

And this just posted by Eric D. (aka Dettman) :-D

Many of you in the community are already aware of the news regarding the acquisition of Sony Creative Software products by MAGIX.

I am here to chime in and provide some more details specifically regarding Vegas Pro and future product development.

MAGIX has assembled an experienced, dedicated Vegas Pro development team here in the Madison Wisconsin area, under product owner Gary Rebholz. The new Vegas team consists of people from SCS, and a number of them date back to when that group was part of Sonic Foundry. They have worked diligently and passionately for almost two decades to make Vegas what it is today. We are a team already experienced with development and support of Vegas, working for a software company who is already experienced in Multimedia NLE development.

Our intent is to have a release of Vegas available in the fall of this year, and continue developing and supporting Vegas into the future. We would like to hear from you, the members of the Vegas Pro community, regarding your favorite features, specific things you would like to see addressed, and questions you may have.

Here are some answers to questions we already see in the community.

We have no intention of moving Vegas to a classic subscription model.
Current plan is to release Vegas Pro in the fall of this year.
MAGIX will develop Vegas and Movie Studio into the future.
MAGIX will continue to support all current SCS customers who purchased acquired products from Sony to ensure a seamless end user experience.

Thank you for your continued support. Your feedback is valuable and will help us enhance Vegas and return it to the level of tool we want it to be and something that will excite even new users.

-Eric Dettman
MAGIX Software GmbH

MAGIX see.feel.hear.create
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 10:47 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Hey, thanks for the great information. I and others have detailed on this board in great detail (redundant I know) historical issues with Vegas. I've seen a few issues from release to release. I think it's great you're listening to people on this board, they are super smart and some of us still love the software.

Thanks for the response.
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:23 PM   #13
Inner Circle

As well as Vegas will there be any more releases of DVDArchitect. Not sure if that was even part of the software move to Magix. With the up coming UHD BD discs it would be nice to have a way of authoring for them in the future.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:39 PM   #14
Inner Circle

I have been using various incarnations of Magix editing software for several years as my preferred editor, starting about 7 years ago. I currently use Magix ProX7 and prefer it to Edius, Premiere and Vegas. If some of the things I like about the Magix software spills over to future versions of Vegas, it can only be a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...