Vegas crashes when adding sub-project. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 31st, 2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas crashes when adding sub-project.

So I am working on a project, in which I add nested sub-projects to the timeline.
I knew, that when you want to add a next sub-project to the timeline, you have to only click on the sub-project in the Explorer and wait for Vegas to make a sfap0 file first. So this time I forgot and wanted to drag it time the timeline at once. Crash. Saved the sub-project under a different name and tried again. No dice. Crash once more. And every next sub-project creates a next crash
How can I mend this?
I use Vegas Pro 13.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Vegas crashes when adding sub-project.

I was taking a break from another project, was bored, read your post, and foolishly duplicated your problem.....I have learned a lesson!!!

I didn't completely duplicate your problem, my Vegas didn't crash, but it did come up with some strange errors. This is one error.....

I pulled in a project named '15-Helicopter landing-02.veg'. This project uses only one video named '15-Helicopter landing-02.avi'. The error message referred to a missing file named '15-Helicopter landing-01.veg'. This file is no longer in the same folder and has been deleted long ago, but there must be something in the veg file that refers to it, or in a veg backup file.

Deleting the associated sfap0 file and starting a new Vegas project got me past that error, but when I properly added a series of veg files (using Add Media), the thumbnails displayed in the Project Media bin were of a different video (another one I used for the original test to duplicate your problem), yet when I placed this clip in the timeline track, the proper video previewed!!

I went to /User/"my user name"/AppData/Local/Sony/Vegas Pro/13, found a file '000013d0.autosave.veg.bak' which was the same date of today, and deleted it. Everything seems to be working fine now. However I didn't go back to the same project that I used to try and duplicate your problem.

Maybe this will help you, maybe not!!

There is probably more to this problem other than an autosave.veg.bak file, hopefully other members will shed some light.
Old May 31st, 2016, 06:19 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Project nesting by practice doesn't work in Vegas. It's unstable and crashes a lot.

The very least you could possibly do is turn off Dynamic RAM preview, turning your rendering threads to 1, and turning off video thumbnails globally.

Remember, each time it tries to load the project nested, it tries to render the audio in the project. Your audio renders could also be failing.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 02:56 AM   #4
Major Player

Sorry to say, but none of the suggestions worked sofar.
Any other suggestions?
Old June 1st, 2016, 07:45 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ouwejan View Post
So this time I forgot and wanted to drag it time the timeline at once. Crash.
Hi Jo,

Can you explain better what 'Crash" means? Does Vegas lock up and not respond? Can you restart Vegas? What exactly happens? Thanks....
Old June 1st, 2016, 08:43 AM   #6
Major Player

The whole display is going whitish and I get a message, that Vegas stopped working and that I can send a message (to SCS). After that I can restart Vegas without any problem. Allthough, it does not start the project I was working any more. I have to open it the oldfashoned way.
Old June 1st, 2016, 09:22 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Jo,

When you get the error message, does it allow you to expand and get additional information? If so, does this information point to a missing references or files? If the reference is for a missing file, have you tried to put a file in the folder with the same name as the missing reference in the error message? If it is looking for a video file, you could use any video file and give it the same name Vegas is looking for.

Also, I'm sure you have already tried the reset option? As built-up garbage in the cache can sometimes cause weird behavior in Vegas, especially after an error condition. Hold down Shift+Ctrl keys and left click on the Vegas desktop icon. Check the box 'Delete all cached application data.', then left click on 'Yes'.
Old June 1st, 2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Major Player

Dan,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I first tried the reset option, but that had the same crash as a result.
I could indeed find additional info, that I could have send to SCS. This is the first part, second and third in the next posts.:

Extra Information
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_titlesandtext' (0, Generator).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_checkerboard' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_checkerboard' (0, Generator).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_noisetexture' (1, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_noisetexture' (1, Generator).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_solidcolor' (2, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_solidcolor' (2, Generator).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_addnoise' (3, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_addnoise' (3, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_blackandwhite' (4, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_blackandwhite' (4, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_brightnessandcontrast' (5, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_brightnessandcontrast' (5, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_broadcastcolors' (6, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_broadcastcolors' (6, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_bumpmapfilter' (7, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_bumpmapfilter' (7, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_chromakeyer' (8, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_chromakeyer' (8, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorbalance' (9, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorbalance' (9, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcorrector' (10, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcorrector' (10, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcorrectorsecondary' (11, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcorrectorsecondary' (11, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcurves' (12, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colorcurves' (12, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colormatch' (13, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_colormatch' (13, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_convolutionkernel' (14, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_convolutionkernel' (14, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_cookiecutter' (15, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_cookiecutter' (15, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_defocusvelvetmatter' (16, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_defocusvelvetmatter' (16, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_filllightvelvetmatter' (17, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_filllightvelvetmatter' (17, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_gaussianblur' (18, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_gaussianblur' (18, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_glow' (19, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_glow' (19, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_hsladjust' (20, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_hsladjust' (20, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_invert' (21, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_invert' (21, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_labadjust' (22, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_labadjust' (22, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_lensflare' (23, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_lensflare' (23, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_levels' (24, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_levels' (24, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_linearblur' (25, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_linearblur' (25, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_maskgenerator' (26, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_maskgenerator' (26, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_median' (27, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_median' (27, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_minandmax' (28, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_minandmax' (28, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_mirror' (29, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_mirror' (29, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_newsprint' (30, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_newsprint' (30, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pixelate' (31, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pixelate' (31, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_quickblur' (32, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_quickblur' (32, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_radialblur' (33, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_radialblur' (33, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_saturationadjust' (34, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_saturationadjust' (34, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_sepia' (35, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_sepia' (35, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_sharpen' (36, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_sharpen' (36, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_spherize' (37, Multiple Contexts).log
Old June 1st, 2016, 10:34 AM   #9
Major Player

Part two:

File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_spherize' (37, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_starburstvelvetmatter' (38, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_starburstvelvetmatter' (38, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_timecode' (39, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_timecode' (39, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_unsharpmask' (40, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_unsharpmask' (40, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas
Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_iris' (48, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_linearwipe' (49, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_linearwipe' (49, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pageloop' (50, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pageloop' (50, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pagepeel' (51, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pagepeel' (51, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pageroll' (52, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_pageroll' (52, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_push' (53, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_push' (53, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_slide' (54, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_slide' (54, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_spiral' (55, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_spiral' (55, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_split' (56, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_split' (56, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_squeeze' (57, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_squeeze' (57, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_starwipe' (58, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_starwipe' (58, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_swap' (59, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_swap' (59, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_zoom' (60, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_zoom' (60, Transition).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_bumpmap' (61, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_bumpmap' (61, General).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_layerdimensionality' (62, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_layerdimensionality' (62, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_layerdimensionality' (62, General).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3AutoContrast' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3AutoContrast' (0, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3Diffusion' (1, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3Diffusion' (1, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3DualBooster' (2, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3DualBooster' (2, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3EdgeSmoother' (3, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3EdgeSmoother' (3, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3GradientTint' (4, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3GradientTint' (4, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3ImageMapper' (5, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3ImageMapper' (5, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3ProportionHelper' (6, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3ProportionHelper' (6, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3RollingShutter' (7, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3RollingShutter' (7, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3SplitScreen' (8, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3SplitScreen' (8, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3Spotlight' (9, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V3Spotlight' (9, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4BleachBypass' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4BleachBypass' (0, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4TimeClock' (1, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4TimeClock' (1, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4DayforNight' (2, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4DayforNight' (2, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4DropShadow' (3, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4DropShadow' (3, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4FishEye' (4, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4FishEye' (4, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4LumaKey' (5, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4LumaKey' (5, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4MagnifyingGlass' (6, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4MagnifyingGlass' (6, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4Reflection' (7, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4Reflection' (7, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4SlideShow' (8, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4SlideShow' (8, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4SkinTouchUp' (9, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V4SkinTouchUp' (9, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6ChromaKeyPro' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6ChromaKeyPro' (0, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6ColorReplace' (1, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6ColorReplace' (1, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6CutAway' (2, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6CutAway' (2, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6GarbageMatte' (3, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6GarbageMatte' (3, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6PictureGrid' (4, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6PictureGrid' (4, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6Picture-in-Shape' (5, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas
Old June 1st, 2016, 10:35 AM   #10
Major Player

And the last part:

Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6Picture-in-Shape' (5, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SaturationEQ' (6, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SaturationEQ' (6, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SaturationModifier' (7, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SaturationModifier' (7, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SelectiveTouchUp' (8, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6SelectiveTouchUp' (8, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6Tile' (9, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.NewBlue.V6Tile' (9, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\ocio_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Hr. Ouwejan.Thuis\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\gpu_video_x64.log
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\Iran 2016.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\01 Teheran.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\02 Qazvin.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\03 Tabriz.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\04 Hamedan.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\05 Qom en Kashan.veg
File: D:\Vegas Projects\Iran\06 Abyaneh, Maein en Aghda.veg

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Fault Address: 0x00007FF7458D30B5
Fault Offset: 0x00000000004D30B5

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 453) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Old June 1st, 2016, 11:58 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Jo, the error results I got when I tried to duplicate your condition, was nothing like yours. Mine was only a one liner stating that a reference file was not found. I put a dummy file with the same name in the folder and that took care of the problem, other than the wrong thumbnail appearing, as I mention in my previous post.

Perhaps another member here has some insight based on the error you have posted. Definitely time to also send your issue to SCS, if you haven't already done so. Sorry I can't be of more helps.
Old June 1st, 2016, 12:25 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Based on reading in other forums, all I can suggest is to start a new project, open up the problem one, do a copy/paste of everything from old to new, save it under a new name and cross your fingers and toes :)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:37 AM   #13
Major Player

Tried all sugestions, but to avail.
I am afraid, that I will no longer be able to add additional nestings until I install coming version 14. Until then I am forced to continue my current project without additional sub-projects.
Old June 14th, 2016, 01:58 AM   #14
Major Player

I found the culprit!
I am using an Eminent EM4586 Dualband Wireless USB Adaptor and when I disconnect this, I can nest sub-projects as before!
Old June 14th, 2016, 07:37 AM   #15
Regular Crew

Hi Jo,

Thanks for posting back the solution. If I understand correctly, you were previously using a different wireless adapter and your nesting worked. You have only had nesting problems with the Eminent EM4586 Dual band Wireless USB Adaptor, and when you remove it, the nesting works as usual. Would you explain what adapter you used before that worked? This is strange, but I don't doubt what you have experienced and your fix.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...