DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Announcement from Magix about Vegas14 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/532118-announcement-magix-about-vegas14.html)

Ron Cooper July 11th, 2016 11:03 PM

Re: Announcement from Magix about Vegas14

I'm in Australia & have registered several versions of Vegas, Sound Forge & Acid but have not received any notifications.

Ron C.

Leslie Wand July 12th, 2016 12:17 AM

+1 ron.

i find magix's approach to registered users a bit haphazard. one would have thought it was simply a matter of getting scs's database (which they've got) and doing a mail out?

not happy with progress so far....

James Manford July 13th, 2016 12:17 AM

I've always loved MAGIX software, glad they are taking over Sony Vegas.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't change the familiarity of the program ! I don't want to learn everything again ... keep it the way it is now, just ADD more features to it.

Brian Drysdale July 21st, 2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Wand (Post 1917744)
i find magix's approach to registered users a bit haphazard. one would have thought it was simply a matter of getting scs's database (which they've got) and doing a mail out?

I've just received a mail out from Magix for my Vegas 9. so it may just be a case of them processing the data and matching the mail shot.

Ron Evans July 21st, 2016 06:14 AM

I just got a mail too detailing the offer for Vegas 13 and then Vegas 14 in September.

Ron Evans

Leslie Wand July 21st, 2016 06:37 AM

ok, just received my offer.....

Ian Stark July 21st, 2016 07:03 AM

I guess that as I am already on 13 I won't receive any offer email just yet.

Graham Bernard July 22nd, 2016 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1918147)

Don't fret. Many others have had this email whilst still having VP13. Most likely working through the Continents and the alphabet. North America and Canada got them earlier in the month. Got mine two days ago.

However, why am I and "others" getting the offer anyway? Makes no business sense. Or simply that the database isn't filtering correctly.

Dave Baker July 22nd, 2016 01:22 AM

Well, I got the offer on the 20th. of June and I haven't used Vegas in years, I got as far as Pro 9.

Make of that what you will.

Ian Stark July 22nd, 2016 01:33 AM

Unless there are many hundreds of thousands of Vegas users we are unaware of, I find it hard to believe that in this day and age it isn't possible to email everyone simultaneously, with tailored content according to, for example, products owned or products on earlier versions eligible for upgrades. I suspect they've just either inherited a crap database or they've messed it up.

Graham Bernard July 22nd, 2016 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1918191)
I suspect they've just either inherited a crap database or they've messed it up.

And it could be both.

I'm calmly and sagaciously, taking this as a potential future indication of the lines of communication between the Engineers<>Support<>Sales<>Marketing.

We have been here before now.

Brian Drysdale July 22nd, 2016 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1918147)

The email offers:

"Exclusive welcome offer
Valid until 31 July, 2016
£ 300 off VEGAS Pro 13
VEGAS Pro 14 for free"

So this offer seems to be aimed at users with earlier version, rather than those currently with Vegas Pro 13.

George Dean July 22nd, 2016 10:39 AM

This is an email response from Magix to a recent inquiry......

"Thank you for your interest in our bundle offer for VEGAS 13 + 14. As you know, VEGAS 14 will be released in September 2016. And we don't think users who are planning an upgrade to VEGAS 13 so close to the new release date should miss out on the exciting new version. So any customers who upgrade to VEGAS 13 between now and July 31st will also get
VEGAS 14 for free! Those of you who already use VEGAS 13 will receive a separate upgrade offer in September. Hang tight!

--
Best regards,
Eric Dettman

MAGIX Software GmbH
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden - Germany"

Brian Drysdale September 17th, 2016 02:43 AM

It seems that September 20th may be when V14 will be introduced:

Paving the way for VEGAS Pro 14 by Jose Antunes - ProVideo Coalition

Jeremiah Rickert September 20th, 2016 12:57 AM

So has anyone gotten their Vegas 14 info yet? I ordered 13 during the promo period, but there's nothing on my magix account that indicates where to download the full version of 14. I can see the trial version link on there and I was going to download it just to try it, but I thought we would've gotten an email or something.