Vegas Upgrade Offer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 1st, 2016, 03:42 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Vegas Upgrade Offer

Why? he can respond here to my first remark but since you already answered on his behalf that cleared the situation up, so case closed and lets move on.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 03:45 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervyn Jack View Post
A message from Magix in the vegas forum said.....

Thank you for your interest in our bundle offer for VEGAS Pro 13 + 14. As you know, VEGAS Pro 14 will be released in September 2016. And we don't think users who are planning an upgrade to VEGAS Pro 13 so close to the new release date should miss out on the exciting new version. So any customers who upgrade to VEGAS Pro 13 between now and July 31st will also get VEGAS 14 for free! Those of you who already use VEGAS Pro 13 will receive a separate upgrade offer in September. Hang tight!
Just to let everybody know, the offer has been extended until the end of August, see here:

Exclusive welcome offer

Not sure whether that is any indication of demand.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 09:08 AM   #33
Sponsor: JET DV

No, I have not received a copy of 14 at this time. However, I know they are going to continue to support OpenFX plugins so the effects (such as those from NewBlue) will continue to work. They are not dependent on the "Magix" namespace. However, the scripts will be broken because they *will* depend on the Magix namespace. I have not yet heard all the necessary changes but will certainly make the needed adjustments in my scripts.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #34
Old Boot

Thanks for the clarification Edward.

Graham
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #35
Major Player

I currently have Pro 12 on my computer. Is it better to uninstall it before downloading/installing Pro 13?
Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:08 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris Combs View Post
I currently have Pro 12 on my computer. Is it better to uninstall it before downloading/installing Pro 13?
Thanks,
It is not necessary to remove version 12 before installing ver 13. In fact, I would recommend that you keep it. You may find the transition to version 13 different enough that you need to revert to version 12 to finish a production or make alteration to a previous project. I have never had version 12, just version 13, but I don't think there are show stoppers, or any differences that would trip you up.

Before I purchased Vegas Pro 13, I was using Movie Studio Platinum 13. Before that I used Movie Studio Platinum 12. There were a few differences between MSP12 and MSP13 and I kept both installed and needed to revert back to MSP12 on a couple on-going projects, until I finally got used to the MSP13 differences.

There have been enough users who experienced differences between the versions and having the older version installed and handy to refer back to may be a help if you experience a hiccup. I wouldn't expect any problems, but there is no harm keeping the old VP12.
Old August 11th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Jones View Post
That's right. Ron, but so many of us do use plug-ins and scripts such as those from NewBlue, FbMN, Prodad, Vasst and, a free one, Timeline Tools These offer so much more than the built in FX, including far superior stabilisation. for example.

Richard
Richard, I have tried quite a few stabilisation options including the new Mercalli V4 Vegas and stand alone plus newblue. I keep coming back to the Vegas Sony Stabilize. When used with default settings it makes the best job of my 4K footage from the AX100.
Andy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #38
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Smith View Post
Richard, I have tried quite a few stabilisation options including the new Mercalli V4 Vegas and stand alone plus newblue. I keep coming back to the Vegas Sony Stabilize. When used with default settings it makes the best job of my 4K footage from the AX100.
Andy, have you got Merc latest? "Now supports 10-bit, 4K and CinemaScope..."

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Hi Graham, I have been playing with various stabilisers from NewBlue, Mercalli and Sony Stabilize (Mercalli v2) this weekend and have found that they all have plus and minus points.

NewBlue, tried version 1 and stabilzer pro - version 1 Ok but does not give smooth panning, moves in small jumps. Border needs correction to eliminate artifacts. Not my 1st choce. Stabilzer pro - quite good and you can get smooth panning. I have a trial and it asks for about $110 (£80) to activate.

Mercalli v4 SAL and Vegas FX, good for static rock steady option but panning moves in little jumps, border a pain to deal with, need to adjust options to eliminate artifacts.

Sony Vegas in built, (Mercalli v2) the best for me, gives great panning floats the image gently and removes rotation, deals with border itself. Only disadvantage is about 3-4 shots per 300 crashes vegas.

Andy
Andy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Andy,

You said that Mercalli v4 SAL and Vegas FX was good for static rock steady option but that panning moves in little jumps, that border were a pain to deal with, the need to adjust options to eliminate artifacts. This is not the experience of most and I wonder if you have used the various drop down options that are available on most instruction windows. This should eliminate the border problems you describe and just about everything else as well.The built in instruction manual i.s very good and well worth printing off as it tells you in some detail how to deal with so many of the issues the user might face in different situations.

Incidentally, the built-in Vegas stabilizer is, in fact, a scaled down version of Mercalli v2 and offers far less than the version you buy..

Richard
Richard Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...