Vegas Upgrade Offer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 28th, 2016, 03:28 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Vegas Upgrade Offer

Me to...phew...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2016, 06:22 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Don't wait for the offer in the mail, just follow this link (previously posted on this forum) and buy it in US$, that's what I did, no problems.

Exclusive welcome offer
Mervyn Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 05:08 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Finally got an offer email from Magix, so it's good to see I'm on their radar :-)

The exclusive offer is for 60% off their web design software and I have three days to purchase it. Not as compelling an introduction to Magix as I would have hoped.
Well that is not a bad offer. For Vegas its the same as an upgrade from VEGAS12 and you get VEGAS14 free. If you don't have VEGAS its an even better offer.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 07:05 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Yes, but the offer I have been given is not a 'buy 13 now upgrade to 14 for free later' offer as I already own Vegas 13. I have been offered discount on web design software which I have no use for as I make videos for a living! :-)
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM   #20
Regular Crew

The offer is only good until the end of this month.

If you don't live in the USA you can still order, however you're restricted to the download version.
John Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Yes, but the offer I have been given is not a 'buy 13 now upgrade to 14 for free later' offer as I already own Vegas 13. I have been offered discount on web design software which I have no use for as I make videos for a living! :-)
Maybe they will offer you a good upgrade when VEGAS 14 is released. I am on VEGAS 12 which came with one of my Sony camcorders I think and that allowed me to upgrade from Vegas 11 which was the last upgrade I had paid for I think.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 03:41 PM   #22
Regular Crew

A message from Magix in the vegas forum said.....

Thank you for your interest in our bundle offer for VEGAS Pro 13 + 14. As you know, VEGAS Pro 14 will be released in September 2016. And we don't think users who are planning an upgrade to VEGAS Pro 13 so close to the new release date should miss out on the exciting new version. So any customers who upgrade to VEGAS Pro 13 between now and July 31st will also get VEGAS 14 for free! Those of you who already use VEGAS Pro 13 will receive a separate upgrade offer in September. Hang tight!
Mervyn Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2016, 06:35 AM   #23
Sponsor: JET DV

Plugin effects and transitions - such as those from NewBlue - will work fine in Vegas Pro 14. They do not rely on the "Sony" namespace.

It's only the scripts/custom commands that will need to be modified. However, it's a very minor modification (changing a part of a line of code from "Sony" to "Magix" more than likely). If you have any text scripts you use and love, you can modify them yourself and they will then continue to work. If you have a compiled script, such as my Excalibur or Montage Magic, they I will have to recompile to work with the new namespace. That is a very minor change and I will certainly make that change immediately to release a Vegas Pro 14 version.

The same thing happened when Sony purchased Vegas from Sonic Foundry. Every script had to be changed changing "SonicFoundry" to "Sony". So it's not exactly a new, earth-shattering, change we're talking about. The only issue will be for any compiled scripts whose author is no longer around. There are very few of those that I'm aware of.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2016, 09:43 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Quote:
will work fine in Vegas Pro 14
One would expect, or hope, that Magix doesn't change much under the hood but I would be careful making statements like this if you don't have a copy of vegas 14 and actually tested and verified your claims.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2016, 05:25 PM   #25
Trustee

as ever edward thank you for your ongoing consideration. much appreciated.
Old July 31st, 2016, 11:19 PM   #26
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
One would expect, or hope, . . . . but I would be careful making statements like this if you don't have a copy of vegas 14 and actually tested and verified your claims.
Noa, having worked with Edward in a small way, as a BETA tester, developing his Excalibur, Edward would NOT make these claims lightly. Put it another way: Who do you think MAGIX would be sending a copy of VP14 to to ascertain IF their scripts, and so on, worked? I'm sure Edward is purely speaking about his own products.

Edward, thanks for your reassurances. Looking forward to using XCAL in MAGIXVP14.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 12:08 AM   #27
Inner Circle

That was not made clear that Edward already received a copy of Vegas 14 to test and you cannot expect that anyone that doesn't know him, like me, to know this. That's why I questioned it.
Old August 1st, 2016, 12:43 AM   #28
Old Boot

Quote:
That was not made clear that Edward already received a copy of Vegas 14 to test and you cannot expect that anyone that doesn't know him, like me, to know this. That's why I questioned it.
And yet, Noa, you hadn't asked him directly if he had already received a copy. You didn't ask: "Edward, have you received a copy to test your products?" But you didn't. Why not? My response was an attempt to reassure you. To me, it was very clear that you didn't "know" him, hence my response and consequently I had no expectation that you did, so you are incorrect in your assumption, "you cannot expect that anyone that doesn't know him, like me, to know this."

Best regards,

Graham
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:21 AM   #29
Inner Circle

And yet, Graham, Edward said "Plugin effects and transitions - such as those from NewBlue - will work fine in Vegas Pro 14", he could have said "I have received a copy from vegas 14 from Magix to test and Plugin effects and transitions - such as those from NewBlue - will work fine", but he didn't, why not?
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:59 AM   #30
Old Boot

Quote:
. . . he could have said "I have received a copy from vegas 14 from Magix to test and Plugin effects and transitions - such as those from NewBlue - will work fine", but he didn't, why not?
Why not ask him directly?

Best regards

Graham
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...